pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
29 Jan 2013 10:56

Already mentioned in my older topic and wishlist, but I think it deserves a separate topic in Cobalt 8 ;-)

Is it possible to have custom map markers as images?

1.) Avatar / user profile picture

2.) selectable Image field

I have seen this in Nordmograph's CB Geommunity extension. Which displays CB and JomSocial Avatars as markers.

3.) More interesting features:
- Auto-open certain info windows (all featured, 1 random, my own, nearest to my location)
- Friends Network display (comparable to CB friends, Buddies. But driven by the Cobalt followers)

Last Modified: 04 Jun 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
01 Feb 2013 00:48

Ok :)

pepperstreet VIP
17 Apr 2013 22:03

Any news on this?

Sergey
17 Apr 2013 22:14

Unfortunately we will not be able to add it to Cobalt 8. now only chance to add it to Cobalt 9.

pepperstreet VIP
24 Apr 2013 11:47

Tasty (WP) example of custom markers with images and linked! intro below the map area. Click on image marker... I want this ;-)

http://live.btoa.com.au/rentbuy/

Jeff VIP
Total posts: 745
08 May 2013 21:00

http://live.btoa.com.au/rentbuy/

Wauw, maybe I should switch to WP :)

Thank you for this link, very inspiring. This is how a web app should look and function.

The relationship Map - Result List pushes the use of a Map to a whole new level.

This site and its clean search module doesn't only look good, it has excellent responsive qualities (just resize your browser). Yes, if I could create something like this in Cobalt 9, I would be more than happy...:)

Jeff VIP
08 May 2013 22:11

We should bother "Sergey" with this request ;-)

Definitely! But it might distract him from finishing Emerald first :) Is there already a Cobalt 9 wishlist?

We should bother "Sergey" with this request ;-)

Switching to WP: I always though about it, but i always came back to J!.

Me too, WP is in terms of creating content hard to beat. Joomla is easier and more fun to use in term of back end relationship and workflow.

The reason I stick to Joomla is I understand its logic, it's fun to work with, I can do rapid prototyping, but most importantly, I love it's Eco-system. Joomla users and developers are really engaged into sharing information and pushing Joomla to a higher level. This Forum and the guys from MintJoomla are a perfect example. :)

Sergey
09 May 2013 04:26

Is there already a Cobalt 9 wishlist?

Any idea posted here that is accepted will go to Cobalt 9 features list.

Jeff VIP
09 May 2013 05:48

Great!

pepperstreet VIP
03 Jun 2013 17:53

This topic is not accepted, yet ;-)

pepperstreet VIP
04 Jun 2014 23:39

pepperstreet This topic is not accepted, yet ;-)

Now, it is! :D