Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
14 Aug 2012 22:09

I miss the manual entry (and display) of longitude, latitude in the location field. Maybe you can consider this for a future version.

This would be helpful for proper encoding. Sometimes "guessing" with the marker is not good enough and will take a long time to zoom and position, while copy/paste the coordinates (if available) will be much faster and more precise.

Another suggestion would be the optional autocomplete of country, since you have already a country table (#_js_res_countries) in Cobalt, why not using it ...

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sackgesicht VIP
14 Aug 2012 22:24

another one ...

Option to display the map in article view without marker.

Example:

Sackgesicht VIP
14 Aug 2012 23:52

Don't include the google map api in list or full view, if one of the views is disabled.

It might slow down the page display remarkable on slow internet connections.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
15 Aug 2012 01:38

Parameters for the field output templates. It would be nice to have the gear icon beside the template drop down box so that we could use an XML file for individual parameters for customized templates.

Here we go :) Just as we were discussing. Idea by idea. :)

The idea of making field template cusotmisible is great. And we though of that too because our concept now is to keep display settings in templates and logic settings in parameters. That would be best if we do this. But here is what I afraid

1. This will lead to template manager request for easier manipulation and configuration

2. This wil complicate (although make it more flexible) template creation for 3DPs

What I think on this right now (but very open to other opinions) that there no need in template settings. You just make template different. You need template with no-marker you copy default.php and modify it. Otherwise I afraid this will create ver complicated process of setting something up.

Parameters for the field output templates. It would be nice to have the gear icon beside the template drop down box so that we could use an XML file for individual parameters for customized templates.

After rethinking .. maybe the gear icon is not so much needed, since the additional templates are customized to fit a specific purpose and therefore don't need options so much ...

I read this after I typed message. I agree.

After rethinking .. maybe the gear icon is not so much needed, since the additional templates are customized to fit a specific purpose and therefore don't need options so much ...

Strange .. sometimes it is included and sometimes not ... Maybe a chaching issue ???? Based on the output template it should not be included, but it happend earlier .....

Filters also add gogole api script.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
15 Aug 2012 02:20

no need in template settings. You just make template different.

Parameters would make it mega versatile and unique... but I agree with your conclusions. On this deep field level, it is more "Gefrickel" ;-) and confusion for most users.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
25 Aug 2012 05:47

Another suggestion would be the optional autocomplete of country, since you have already a country table (#_js_res_countries) in Cobalt, why not using it ...

Nice idea!

A related feature could be the Google powered? autocomplete. "Clowride" already mentioned it in his topic.

http://tech.reumer.net/Google-Maps/Documentation-of-plugin-Googlemap/autocomplete-tips.html

Sackgesicht VIP
25 Aug 2012 19:38

additional suggestions:

Include layer support into geo field

Weather layer

Cloud layer

See here

The weather and cloud layer can be implemented in the full article view and also the map list template.

Heatmap layer for list map template

see here

See additional layers (Panoramio) here ...