Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
16 Jun 2012 00:54

As a suggestion, add an option to display an icon (with optional tooltip) for fields like text and textarea.

Instead of displaying the full or partial text, it can display an icon, which might have the text field value in its tooltip. With this simple option we can have a nice indicator, that the field has content and save quite some space within a table view/row.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
16 Jun 2012 06:49

Do you mean something like tick icon instead oа text? Is it better to leave it for template level and not parameter of the field?

Sackgesicht VIP
16 Jun 2012 08:54

Yes. I believe it should be at field level, so i can decide individually if i want the field value or an icon represent it in list view. It would be the logic place to adjust. If it is in the template it would be to specific, like a customized template.

It is to show, that there is a value (and display it as tooltip) and save space if needed.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
16 Jun 2012 09:32

What I think now we need textarea display templates just like upload field. Default template just show text. Other templates may show Icon with tooltip.

ANy way we already discussed in our office that we want to implement it in to fields for Cobalt 8. We want every field have 3 new core parameters.

List view template

Full view template

Form template

And make it mandatory for every field. This will allow people to change output without losing changes on updates and without editing main templates.

Sackgesicht VIP
16 Jun 2012 09:34

Yes, thats even a better approach .. Excellent