Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
15 Jun 2012 23:50

"fixed - records mode"

here the records mode is still not working - it always displays "category and subcategory"

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
16 Jun 2012 07:33

I have checked it on few instances. It works correctly everywhere. Please check if category have this parameter set separately.

Sackgesicht VIP
16 Jun 2012 09:04

I am using it at section level, and it does not have any impact if i change between "records in category" and "records in category and subcategories". It always behaves like "records in category and subcategories".

Sergey
16 Jun 2012 09:26

At section level it always show records from all section because category id is not given.

Sackgesicht VIP
16 Jun 2012 09:42

hmm .. than the section parameter is useless and confusing ... to achieve now a "clean" listing, section should not be the "root" anymore (the first category level would now the root and sections only purpose would be to organize categories in backend), or no list view and filter template for section ...

Sackgesicht VIP
16 Jun 2012 18:46

At section level it always show records from all section because category id is not given.

Not correct, since it depends on the "Section Home" setting.

Ok .. forget the last comment above..

The confusing part here was the Parameter "Records mode" in section parameters (especially for someone with a little experience from Resources 1.5.9)

It is actually a "Category Records Mode" and not a global records mode, since the section behavior is defined in the "Section Home" setting.

I can now achieve the Section display without records by setting the "Show records at section homepage" to "No" .. This topic can be considered as closed.

Sergey
16 Jun 2012 21:16

This topic can be considered as closed.

not really closed. We have to think out how to name parameters or regroup them that it would become obvious hoe parameters work to avoid confusions like that for other customers.

And also if you allow to post to section root it means that some records may be accessed from section root. And if you set records mode to category only then section root have to show only records in section root. So actually you are right that this parameter have to be applied to section home. But only if it is allowed to submit to section home. But this is type parameter, very hard to get it in multi type section on the records list.

Solution.

I think we need new paramters for Section Home group or change "Show records at section homepage" and give it 3 values.

Do not show anything

Show records submitted to section root

Show any record in the section

Sackgesicht VIP
16 Jun 2012 21:28

see my other comment :

http://support.mintjoomla.com/en/cobalt-7/bugs/Backend +-+Section+-+Section+Home+Order+not+working-1997.html

Sergey
16 Jun 2012 21:39

Done this way for next release.