Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
14 Jun 2012 01:31

Sometimes records will not be deleted properly. The content of the fields is gone, but the record itself is still there and can not be deleted anymore through front end delete (even admin permission will not help).

The only remedy is to delete it from the record table manually. The assigned categories were deleted properly.

I assume it has something to do with uploads field. (the files were also deleted properly)

Still investigating. But maybe you can fix it based on this description.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

14 Jun 2012 01:40

But maybe you can fix it based on this description.

Unfortunately there is still a little data. We trued to delete articles with uploads but it can be done successfully. Perhaps later there will be more details.

Sackgesicht VIP
14 Jun 2012 01:45

Can not successfully replicate it, but it happens several times a day .. We only notice it, when we try to delete the record, and see it is still there, despite the message "record successfully deleted" ..

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
15 Jun 2012 02:05

I have checked the deletion code.

It starts with deleting a record and only then all associated staff. I carefully looked all the code and cannot see anything that would tell me why it happens especially if you have reached "Delete successful" message. This only means that code was executed till the end.

Sackgesicht VIP
15 Jun 2012 03:37

can not replicate it, but it happened several times ... after getting the "successful delete" message , the record is still there.. all other things were deleted ... i have to delete them manually after double checking the related records .. thats the only way to get rid of it .. normal delete will not work anymore - even as admin

Sergey
15 Jun 2012 05:31

Would be nice to catch this little bug :)

Sackgesicht VIP
17 Jun 2012 20:40

I can replicate it now.

If i delete a record within a category, it will be "deleted" there (since the category record is deleted), but it still appears in the section (home) listing and can not be deleted there anymore. Only way is to remove the record from the table via phpMyAdmin or a similar tool.

Sergey
18 Jun 2012 07:01

I could aso replicate it. Will be fixed by next release.