Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
13 Jun 2012 14:04

The map list template does not display anything (not even an empty map).

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sackgesicht VIP
13 Jun 2012 14:35

The list template did not include the google map api .. ???????????????????? How can this happen?

Including this:

JFactory::getDocument()->addScript(' http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?key= ' . $params->get('tmpl.params.map_key') . '&sensor=false');

will solve the problem.

Sackgesicht VIP
13 Jun 2012 14:59

Next problem is that only 1 marker will be displayed ..

I believe the list template is not yet ready to be used (at least the one from latest version 1.4)

Sackgesicht VIP
13 Jun 2012 18:18

Finding: It only displays them if i have a value in "Country". If i just drop the marker (to get LNG, LAT) and dont fill out the address fields, it will not show the marker in the list template

14 Jun 2012 00:37

I believe the list template is not yet ready to be used (at least the one from latest version 1.4)

There is only field for map but there is no template. Could you specify this question?

The list template did not include the google map api .. ???????????????????? How can this happen? Api is set up in the settings of the field. Does it help?

The list template did not include the google map api .. ???????????????????? How can this happen?

Finding: It only displays them if i have a value in "Country". If i just drop the marker (to get LNG, LAT) and dont fill out the address fields, it will not show the marker in the list template

It seems to be a bug...

Sackgesicht VIP
14 Jun 2012 01:24

There is only field for map but there is no template. Could you specify this question?

I am not talking about the field settings. It is about the included list template.

Please check your Geo field Version 1.4. and install it.

You will find a list template under "Article List" with the name "map(Google Map)".

This template is supposed to display several markers of the selected articles.

Try to select it under the list template settings in a section, which holds information from a type with activated geo field.

Then you will see, where the problem is.....

14 Jun 2012 03:48

Please check your Geo field Version 1.4. and install it.

I tested this field and the template as well. The articles can be seen even if you simply drag-and-drop marker on the map.

So, lets go to your site and look what has happend

Sackgesicht VIP
14 Jun 2012 04:00

Intranet site...

just add some markers without address info and try to see if it displays in the list template.

Here it is not -- it will only display records, where the field "country" was filled out.

Does your list template display markers without the modification, described above?

If yes, then you might have a different template than what is included in the download version of geo field 1.4. (at least what i downloaded)

14 Jun 2012 04:26

Does your list template display markers without the modification, described above?

I ll attach screenshots. Here is submission of the map. There is no country at all: submission

Here is a view on the front-end with one selected article: front-end

Please attach yours if something is different.

Sackgesicht VIP
14 Jun 2012 06:36

see attachment

btw, see the marker text -- it should be "adjust" not "adjast"

14 Jun 2012 23:16

Ok. I see and dont know how to explain it. Perhaps the deal is that Country is set to be displayed but isnt filled in. In my test I didn`t used Country at all.

About the code: current template (and from the tests) contents only this line

JFactory::getDocument()->addScript(' http://google-maps-utility-library-v3.googlecode.com/svn/tags/markerclustererplus/2.0.9/src/markerclusterer_packed.js ');

The line you specified wasn`t in the code of the template

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
15 Jun 2012 02:12

But my list template of the geo field 1.4 will only display any marker after inserting

this code into the template:

JFactory::getDocument()-

addScript(' http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?key= ' .$params-

get('tmpl.params.map_key') . '&sensor=false');

But this code is in my template.

You mean even those that was saved without country?

15 Jun 2012 02:27

But this code is in my template. Ok, but version that on the site doesnt have it. The current 1.4 version in the Builds doesnt have it too. I don`t know how does it happen.

The issue with "adjast" I have added to the list of to-dos too.:(