Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
28 May 2012 19:59

Problem with the permission assignment to users.

When i assign rights to moderators, they will apply automatically to all sections. I can not assign individual rights to the sections.

Changing permissions creates also from time to time an sql error:

JDatabaseMySQLi::query: 1062 - Duplicate entry '47-2' for key 'ind' SQL=UPDATE jos_js_res_moderators SET user_id='47',section_id='2',description='',params='{\"allow_edit\":\"1\",\"allow_delete\":\"1\"}',ctime='2012-05-21 00:32:13',published='1',checked_out='42',checked_out_time='2012-05-29 01:00:45',icon='-1',is_moderator='0' WHERE id='6'

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sackgesicht VIP
28 May 2012 20:05

Actually, it will set the permission, just when i change the section in the moderator setup it will not apply the section change to the display ant therefore display the actual setting for the other sections.

29 May 2012 00:43

When i assign rights to moderators, they will apply automatically to all sections. I can not assign individual rights to the sections.

Today we have checked this issue but moderator from one section doesnt have the same rights in the other section. Please describe how you assign moderators? The SQL error wasnt seen too.

Actually, it will set the permission, just when i change the section in the moderator setup it will not apply the section change to the display ant therefore display the actual setting for the other sections. This sentence isn`t very clear. Please describe it step-by-step

Sackgesicht VIP
29 May 2012 01:02

Example:

1) Create 3 Section

2) Login as admin/super-user

3) Choose Moderators from "My Menu"

4) Choose a moderator or create one -- (btw, it would be good, if we could create users from here. This would avoid the step to go to the back-end and create it there and then come back to this window. I made already a suggestion/request earlier about this, but i can not find this topic anymore)

5) now you can choose some settings - dont save ...

6) Try to select another section on this window (nothing will happen, even if this person has different settings in the other section)

7) try to change setting again ...

8) Save -- now you should get the error message

The problem is that the change of section in the dropdown does not have any impact. I would expect a redraw of settings based on section permission.

29 May 2012 04:38

Choose a moderator or create one -- (btw, it would be good, if we could create users from here. This would avoid the step to go to the back-end and create it there and then come back to this window. I made already a suggestion/request earlier about this, but i can not find this topic anymore)

Unfortunately I don`t remember this topic too.

Choose a moderator or create one -- (btw, it would be good, if we could create users from here. This would avoid the step to go to the back-end and create it there and then come back to this window. I made already a suggestion/request earlier about this, but i can not find this topic anymore)

7) try to change setting again ...

8) Save -- now you should get the error message There wasnt error but the settings indeed arent changed. I ll pass this information to the developer.

05 Jun 2012 04:55

Today our developer looked through this issue. He says that the idea with redrawing is cool but there it will not be implemented.

The function of the creating moderators was purposed for only one section. One click 'New moderator'=one section. The drop-down list prevents of choosing more than one section that it is why it was chosen.

If there is required the same moderator in the other section you need click 'New moderator' one more time.

Sackgesicht VIP
05 Jun 2012 05:39

If this is the logic, why is the category displayed anyway? It will just lead to confusion and then later to sql errors like shown above.

05 Jun 2012 06:01

If this is the logic, why is the category displayed anyway?

Administrator can choose any section in the list. During editing the category can be changed.

If this is the logic, why is the category displayed anyway?

It will just lead to confusion and then later to sql errors like shown above.

There wasnt intention change permissions accordingly the change of the section. SQL errors werent receive. We need more information about how they were done.

Sackgesicht VIP
05 Jun 2012 23:46

Administrator can choose any section in the list. During editing the category can be changed.

thats exactly my point here --> this function is not working ..

please see my first comment again. when you edit the parameters for a section, it displays other sections, but you can not edit them in selecting them.