Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
05 May 2012 19:27

If submission is set to "Registered"/"Special" the Submit button has no function and serves just as information display.

Maybe it should

1) provide a link to login and

2) an option to hide it .. (just hide it for public user, but display the submission button for registered users to avoid creating a manual "add-menu"

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
07 May 2012 02:44

2) an option to hide it .. (just hide it for public user, but display the submission button for registered users to avoid creating a manual "add-menu"

Done for upcoming release.

1) provide a link to login and

This is more complicated to implement. Because means of registration may be different.

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
07 May 2012 03:47

This is more complicated to implement

Therefore just provide a text field where everybody can insert their individual link :D

matcorrao VIP
Total posts: 83
17 Sep 2012 16:40

Hi Sergey,

Is the login link added as a parameter anywhere in current releases?

Thanks,

Matias

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
17 Sep 2012 22:10

Is the login link added as a parameter anywhere in current releases?

In current release 7.9115, you will find only parameters for the text hint.

See Your_Section -> Templates -> SectionMenu

Workarounds: - You might build a custom template and check for the parameters, then show a register link. - You might add the link(s) in the language file JTEXT string. **(Sorry, but I could not find a JTEXT for "Register or login to submit %s" Is it missing or hardcoded?) **

General Tip and my personal experience:

I changed one test section to registered submissions, but the submit button was just hidden. There was no text hint, nor a button... I didn´t see the effect after my changes. I opened/edited the template settings in my section parameters. Seems to solve this little issue.

Remember, in Cobalt 7 this setting applies to all sections, where you use the "default" template.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
17 Sep 2012 22:57
  • You might add the link(s) in the language file JTEXT string. (Sorry, but I could not find a JTEXT for "Register or login to submit %s" Is it missing or hardcoded?)

Quick and dirty:

As long as your site has only one language... you can add your own link(s) into the templates text parameter. You might use a copy of the template or edit the Original:

Templates Section Menu -> Default -> Core parameters -> :

Just add your links right after the default text string. i.e.:

Register or login to submit %s <a href="/url">Register Link here</a> <a href="/url">Login Link here</a>

This will result in 3! lines. Why? because the default menu already wraps your the text part into a link! See example screenshot:

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
18 Sep 2012 07:44