Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
25 Mar 2012 22:03

If a type has the setting "Author can delete" = "No", he should also not be able to delete already uploaded files.

Or, if we consider deleting uploaded files as "editing", than there should be a setting in the "upload field" parameter to choose "Delete uploaded files" = Yes/No.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

26 Mar 2012 02:31

The type cant influence on the fields settings.

But additional parameter of deleting file is need to be discussed. What if user has added wrong file?

Sackgesicht VIP
26 Mar 2012 02:49

What if user has added wrong file?

before the article is saved he still can delete the file. Only if the article is saved and the setting in TYPE for "author can delete" is "NO" then he can not delete it anymore. Anyway, he also is not allowed to delete the record.

I added a screenshot, how it should be, after saving and adding more files:

26 Mar 2012 03:25

Anyway, he also is not allowed to delete the record.

With any settings in the Upload field user can`t delete article (with setting in the type).

If course the scheme you advise is very advanced and useful but my opinion it should be placed in the other category

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
26 Mar 2012 07:25

This is more feature request for new parameter for this field. I think. What do you think?

Sackgesicht VIP
26 Mar 2012 07:39

hmmm ... depends from where you look at it.

If you look it from the parameter "Author can not delete", than it should be an integral part of the field (my opinion) -- to complete the feature

but if you look at it, that deleting an attached file is a sort of editing, then it will be a feature request.

It should be part of the field, than user can decide how they will use it. But regardless of the definition, i would consider it an important feature, especially for intranet applications, document management etc..

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
28 Mar 2012 02:10

Ok. We will add but mostly field parameter. Will be more flexible.