Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
02 Nov 2012 22:20

Getting the feeling that Cobalt 8 is just around the corner (hoping for a release in 2012) i would like to give some ideas on my expectations.

Cobalt 8 should (among others):

• embrace new technologies provided by Joomla

since Cobalt/Resources always respected Joomla standards, it would be good if C8 would continue this path and support Bootstrap, jQuery etc, even if this means it will solely work under J3.x

• provide at least an Audit Trail, better with integrated Versioning (as stated in the Roadmap)

• Import/Export tool. Knowing the complexity of importing external datasources, any effort to make it easier would be appreciated

• Section/Type based saving of template parameters. This would help a lot in maintaining the website and save a lot of time in case templates will be updated

• Conditional fields. Content, behaviour and look depending on other fields

• Improving the "Moderator" module. Better UI and improved functionality towards an ACL, front end creation of user

• keep or improve performance

Hope to find one or another of the list in Cobalt 8.

Keep up the good work.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
03 Nov 2012 21:59

Addition:

A better autocomplete function, which let us define additional fields etc to show ..

See here

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
06 Nov 2012 12:47

Import/Export tool. Knowing the complexity of importing external datasources, any effort to make it easier would be appreciated

Totally agree. One of my favourite requests and weaknesses in Cobalt. To be honest, I expected an import/export in initial Cobalt release. Why? It would have satisfied existing Resources users... AND it would have convinced many new users. Especially the suspicious ones using other so-called CCK's ;-)