Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
29 Oct 2012 21:34

If you save an article with the FALSE-state, it will change on the next edit to TRUE.

If you dont see it, it will save your article with wrong info.

Once it is TRUE - it stays, but FALSE always change state.

Another thing is the missing filter icon, if selected.

Also the filter display is confusing.

Example:

I have a section with 2000 records and started using the boolean field with the existing articles. I set 20 of them to TRUE.

Now the filter display is correct, to display 20 YES and 1980 FALSE. But if i select the false as filter, i can not see anything (since the 1980 articles were not saved, and did not create a record in #res_record_values).

How to solve this problem?

Re-saving all articles? --> that would be a problem if i apply this to my 50K article section ....

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sackgesicht VIP
31 Oct 2012 00:03

To fix the changing of state bug replace in the default input template in line 16

<?php echo ($this->value ? ' checked="checked" ' : NULL);?> />

with

<?php echo ($this->value == 1 ? ' checked="checked" ' : NULL);?> />

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
31 Oct 2012 02:30

Another thing is the missing filter icon, if selected.

Can you add screenshot what you mean?

Sergey
31 Oct 2012 02:48

I have added new parameter how to trean FALSE value. You may switch either to count and look only for articles with explicitly set FALSE value or also for all articles without value.

Sackgesicht VIP
31 Oct 2012 03:10

Another thing would be the "Worn" format.

I use the icon format to display the value, but it would be good to use the text in the filter-"worning".

"The missing filter icon" is based on these settings:

Sergey
31 Oct 2012 03:18

The filter icon will be shown only if you choose other Field value linkage parameter.

Sackgesicht VIP
31 Oct 2012 03:22

???? For me the selection "Small icon by the value as filter link" should display the filter icon specified in "Filter Icon".

And this is not working. At least with the version, i have here .

Leaving now, will show it later.

Keep up the good work .. :D

Sackgesicht VIP
31 Oct 2012 20:28

You may switch either to count and look only for articles with explicitly set FALSE value or also for all articles without value.

Maybe there would be a need for a 3rd option -- articles with explicit false plus NO value. Actually this is how it works (and counts) now, just with the fact, that it filters only articles with existing false value -> which is not consistent with the filter display.

Sergey
31 Oct 2012 21:00

Thу coming option will allow to chose that. If you what to count and filter only articles that you set -1 for or if you want count aтв filter all articles with -1 and all articles with no value and consider them all as -1

Sackgesicht VIP
31 Oct 2012 22:16

Good -- will test it later today after the release .. :D