Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
06 Sep 2012 12:28

Thanks for the individual marker update.

Maybe the new individual marker setup can be optimized a little.

If you have several Geo-Fields within your Types, it will always show the same custom markers for all fields. It might be better to do it per individual field, so that different categories of markers will not be mixed up.

A possible solution would be per Field-ID. --> extension of path

Example: fields/geo/markers/28

If this folder does not exist or does not contain a marker, the default marker will be used.

If the folder contains 1 marker, this is the default marker (no need to display it on submission form)

If the folder contains more than 1 marker, then the markers will be displayed as options as it is now.

If you have several custom markers for this field, they can be used as filters as well in the map list template.

For unexperienced users, a button to create this folder would be helpful, even better a way to copy markers from the fields/geo/marker folder to the new folder and an option to delete them from the new folder.

Or another approach would be just to select some markers from the marker folder as custom markers. --> no need to create additional folders and copy/delete markers. It will be just a reference to the "marker library" in folder fields/geo/markers.

Don't display a scroll area if there is only 1 row and please change "adjast" to "adjust".

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
07 Sep 2012 02:48

If you have several Geo-Fields within your Types, it will always show the same custom markers for all fields. It might be better to do it per individual field, so that different categories of markers will not be mixed up.

I have already did it. I also though about this because I was testing it on one site and I realized this problem. Next version.

If you have several custom markers for this field, they can be used as filters as well in the map list template.

I really like where this field is going :)

Or another approach would be just to select some markers from the marker folder as custom markers. --> no need to create additional folders and copy/delete markers. It will be just a reference to the "marker library" in folder fields/geo/markers.

Sounds good. Because user do not need to copy anything. But harder to operate may be if there are moe markers.

A possible solution would be per Field-ID. --> extension of path

Example: fields/geo/markers/28

That means that you cannot create folder before you save field. I think better just t point folder. And if you have folder like food or sport then it is easier to manage.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
07 Sep 2012 16:00

Nice ideas and additions!

Some quick experiences with filters...:

**Radius input:

**The radius input field has this nice auto-update in the map. (I wonder why there is the "set" button?) Is it possible to format the input more intuitive? Something like +/- or up/down arrows. You may know this from mobile and tablet devices. Recently saw some examples based mootools and jquery.

Country/City filter usability:

It is positioned under the map, and far away from the APPLY button. The cascading selection is interactive and fast, but I always wonder why nothing happens on the final selection. Is it possible to have an auto-update as well? Or at least the selects have to be positioned on top of the map, closer to the apply button.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
08 Sep 2012 05:28

Something like +/- or up/down arrows. You may know this from mobile and tablet devices. Recently saw some examples based mootools and jquery.

Good idea.

Something like +/- or up/down arrows. You may know this from mobile and tablet devices. Recently saw some examples based mootools and jquery.

Is it possible to have an auto-update as well?

Sometimes you need to set other filters as well. So autoupdate may one annoy people.

Is it possible to have an auto-update as well?

Radius input could also benefit from a pre-defined simple select field.

What select?

Actually I though to change this filter since there is not marker filters. I wanted to show only titles. And when you click title appropriate filer is slided out.