Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
20 Aug 2012 14:37

Thanks to @MaikKaune and his topic, i got aware of Hotspots.

The single input there http://demo.compojoom.com/hotspots/submit-a-location is exactly how it should be.

Geocoding, reverse geocoding, optional latitude and longitude input, "get my location", marker input, multiple icons (through categories) and everything works in "real-time". Very cool !!!

Hope to see an input template like this in the near future.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
20 Aug 2012 22:13

ok. Here is what i understood.

1. When we enter address location is looking for nearest place.

2. After address is enteв there is current location button if you want

3. After that you may even drag marker as you want

4. Or even enter exact coordinates.

Correct?

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
21 Aug 2012 03:49

Thanks to @MaikKaune and his topic, i got aware of Hotspots.

You are welcome! :D

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
21 Aug 2012 04:53

Go to this link and try for yourself.

Example:

1) I have the coordinates and want to encode them --

type in latitude 15 and longitude 121 -- while you type it is already updating -- just see the address area. It will fill in already the country, town etc

2) geocoding -- using the address -- type in any component of the address and it will search already and fill out the coordinates

3) reverse geocoding -- just move the marker around and it will update coordinates and address fields

4) my own location -- click on the icon (person)

all this can be mixed at the same time. no need to wait until everything is encoded and then hit the button .. just type things in and you will get the result

in the example they define the different marker by the category .. another option would be to select it ..

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
21 Aug 2012 05:00

This is good. Only one worry. What if you input correct address and when you try to tune your parkecr more exactly it changes address to less correct one? And you enter correct one it move cursor litle bit aside of where you want it to be.

I think there have to be only one way connection. Good to move marker on enter adtess but not goor to update address on marker move. IMHO.