Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
04 May 2016 02:32

The #__js_res_audit_log can easily become big depending on logged actions. Every action writes the full params column. For what do we need the params? Deleting this column will be a huge space saver.

Last Modified: 10 May 2016

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
05 May 2016 16:11

Yes that is true. I was lasy to analise every parameter and deside which one is needed and which one is not. So I just save them all just in case new feature will need it.

I could revise this if I have time and see what can be done.

I'll start working on that (I mean not this feature but Cobalt 9 issues on GitHub) when I release Emarald 10. Most probaly this month.

Sackgesicht VIP
06 May 2016 02:30

Sergey I mean not this feature but Cobalt 9 issues on GitHub

So it still make sense to create github issues ...

Sergey I could revise this if I have time and see what can be done.

I would suggest to keep the column params, just not adding all the fields to it to keep it small ... only in case an event needs additional explanation or parameter, than thats the time to store it.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
10 May 2016 07:24

Sackgesicht So it still make sense to create github issues ...

Yes. Right now I am concentrating on Emerald 10 release hopefuly this week. And then I can concentrate on Cobalt 9.

Sackgesicht I would suggest to keep the column params, just not adding all the fields to it to keep it small ... only in case an event needs additional explanation or parameter, than thats the time to store it.

Anyway this requires very careful analysis. It is not a quick fix. I'll have a look at it later.

Sackgesicht VIP
10 May 2016 08:17

Sergey Anyway this requires very careful analysis. It is not a quick fix. I'll have a look at it later.

Correct. I will try to add some thoughts to github