Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
04 Jan 2016 03:32

Introducing a new field parameter "Unzip?". Default is NO. If YES and the upload file is a zip-file, it should extract the zip into a folder with the unique name as it is used normally for the file name.

Last Modified: 05 Jan 2016

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
05 Jan 2016 07:35

And then what? I understand the application field from another topic, but I think feature inside Cobalt have to have practical reason. FOr example if there is field that unpack and then display unpacked content that is ok. But if I unpack and CObalt do not even know content, that it is not practical. In еершы case we only use Cobalt upload field as upload mechanizm but after unpack it does not show us anything.

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
05 Jan 2016 07:51

The practical reason is to upload more complex content, following the philosophy of Cobalt in providing maximum flexibility through its parameterized approach.

Yes it is an upload process in the first place --> this is what the upload field is made for ... any type of content file, defined by the extension. Now with a compressed file, it goes one step further -> it extracts the content depending on a new "Unzip/Extract?" parameter.

As you asked for the display of content --> Good question - Simple answer --> We require an basic output template simply to display this more complex content through its index.htm/index.html/index.php page within the newly created folder.

More complex applications would need a customized output template, as it is with every other field.

PS: Please don't forget the "default" value for your new upload field.