Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
08 Jul 2013 02:13

Fields using the CobaltUpload could benefit from an additional feature : Default file/picture.

Like in the gallery field when uploading/editing a record, it would be nice to define a "default" picture/file which might be listed in the intro view.

Implementation could be like clicking on a toggle. Like radio button. Only 1 file can be selected. It will set a value in a new column in js_res_files so it can be identified by the template.

Actually i am doing something similar in "abusing" the description field, but there is no indicator when editing, if description has content or not ...

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
08 Jul 2013 06:17

yes, this is good feature. But I afraid we will not enhance current upload since it is based on Mootools. And we are moving to jQuery. But it is a good feature to be implemented in our new upload element.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
08 Jul 2013 16:42

FYI, i added some links for popular Upload scripts here.

Regarding default image:

Apart from a real teaser image, i would like the option to use a dummy... placehold.it (remote) or holder.js (client-side, used on bootstrap demos)

Sackgesicht VIP
08 Jul 2013 21:19

yes, this is good feature. But I afraid we will not enhance current upload since it is based on Mootools. And we are moving to jQuery. But it is a good feature to be implemented in our new upload element.

But maybe the architecture for this could be implemented already (without the real functionality).

For example adding a column to js_res_files like "value" and defining that value= 1 represents the default file ...

So interested parties could start their own solution and it would later be compatible with a MintJoomla C9 implementation.

Sackgesicht VIP
08 Jul 2013 22:29

But that is just a "flag", isn´t it? What about the other data, like URL?

Yes just a "flag"...:)

You get the url from the configuration upload folder, the field specific subfolder and the fullpath column.

Actually there is a redundancy in the record. We have filename and fullpath which holds the filename as well.

In reducing the fullpath to the path only, this table would only be about half of the size

Sergey
10 Jul 2013 04:06

So interested parties could start their own solution

You mean you?

So interested parties could start their own solution

For example adding a column to js_res_files like "value" and defining that value= 1

I did not want to ad any new SQL patches to DB. And parties may add this column manually and start working.

Sackgesicht VIP
10 Jul 2013 05:41

You mean you?

Yes ... :D

I am only a little concerned about long term compatibility.. anyway, i might just add it :D

Sergey
10 Jul 2013 07:08

You can add шею name this column is_default and when we add new column we hame it like this.