Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
10 Jun 2013 02:45

Joomla is looking for an extension to build the new JED 3.0 with -- Maybe Cobalt would fit in ..

See the request for proposal with the requirements under this topic here

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
11 Jun 2013 08:26

+1 :)

@Sergey, sounds like THE opportunity and use case for Cobalt.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
12 Jun 2013 01:34

Yes it is. Cobalt has almost everything. Even automatic joomla update system built in.

The only problem I need a front men. Because my forum account is blocked and my IP too. I just cannot write there anything.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
12 Jun 2013 10:09

The problem is not an email. My IP is banned as well. I cannot create new account.

I need someone like you who could defend Cobalt in that discussion on behalf of MintJoomla.

I read document and man we have everything. We have automated update system, we have audit log and moderation, people may sell from JED and JED will get commission. All they need is there and even more.

I need someone who would agree to spend some time to defend Cobalt as best solution for JED.

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
12 Jun 2013 22:13

@pepperstreet

Creating an account, even if Sergey would be able to post there is not the solution. I believe Sergey knows exactly what is needed, based on previous experiences with JED/Joomla.org.

See his comment:

I need someone like you who could defend Cobalt in that discussion on behalf of MintJoomla.

This goes further than discussing on a bulletin board.

As of now, community feedback is requested to draft and outline the requirements, it is not even at the stage where a product is introduced.

See document.

Later you have to draft a proposal how Cobalt will address all the requirements and why it should be considered as the solution for the undertaking.

I posted the topic to see if MintJoomla is generally interested in this project.

Now community feedback is needed to fine tune the requirements ( and see if Cobalt fits in or where there is still some need for adjustment).

I compare it even with a commercial tender.

As of now the document for discussion is like a Terms of Reference (what is needed) and the functional document evolving from it can be considered a "contract" defining the specifics how to implement the project.

pepperstreet VIP
29 Oct 2013 12:41

Any news on this?

pepperstreet VIP
31 Oct 2013 20:12

FYI, Joomla Magazine Article on 1.October 2013 | The JED Needs You!

(hence the comments ;-) :D )