Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
26 May 2013 23:45

I would suggest to change the implementation of the new mask functionality.

If you choose to display the mask in the field (Parameter "Show mask in input") it is implemented as value="mask", which creates a problem, if the user will not add anything in this field --> the mask will be saved in the database.

Why not using placeholder="mask"?

A new parameter Placeholder would be good as well.

If there is a place holder, display it in the input field, if there is a mask and the parameter "Show mask in input" is "YES" than display the mask via the PLACEHOLDER and not via VALUE.

Talking about the VALUE -- The implementation in input template can still be improved.

As of now, if there is no VALUE parameter, it still shows it empty... example:

<input type="text" name="jform[fields][52]" id="field_52" value="" class="inputbox" style="width:50" aria-invalid="false">

just a little "optimization" .. :D

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
27 May 2013 02:12

Placeholder is better :)

I would like to change mask input to different jQuery library

http://digitalbush.com/projects/masked-input-plugin/

But problem is that it will break all sites that already using it. I'll do it in Cobalt 9.

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
27 May 2013 02:27

But problem is that it will break all sites that already using it. I'll do it in Cobalt 9.

But the mask for text field was just introduced last update ... and it seems sites were not updated yet, otherwise they would have noticed the problem with the VALUE implementation ...

Placeholder is better

and it can be implemented now already ... :D

Sergey
27 May 2013 04:53

and it can be implemented now already ...

It is done.

and it can be implemented now already ...

But the mask for text field was just introduced last update ... and it seems sites were not updated yet, otherwise they would have noticed the problem with the VALUE implementation ...

no it is already there from almost the beginning. Even in Cobalt 7.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
27 May 2013 08:39

I would like to change mask input to different jQuery library

http://digitalbush.com/projects/masked-input-plugin/

FYI - Bootstrap JASNI

What about a switch/toggle between versions? Possible?

Or can you update the older version during installation? (I remember the patches from Resources)

Sergey
27 May 2013 22:42

Unfortunately I cannot update Bootstrap of Joomla/ I also cannot use alternative one. It will conflict. i have to use only Joomla's bootstrap and I can extend it on my own.

Sergey
29 May 2013 02:13

Any way JASNI or Input mask we cannot update it in Cobalt 8.