Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
06 May 2013 22:32

I want to use the "records modul" with the component on the same page.

Actually i added 2 modules to the same page --> "Latest 5 records" and "Last 5 records modified". When i apply a filter on the component (same section as the modules) the filter applies to the content of my modules and shows the same result as the search, which is obviously different than the expected output.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sackgesicht VIP
06 May 2013 23:27

As already mentioned in another bug report, i can not use 2 different templates for the modules. All changes done on 1 module overwrite template will affect the other module template.

Some translations are also missing:

Select Section -- CSELECTSECTION

Template Overwrite --> X_DONOTOVERRIDETMPL

07 May 2013 10:59

yep, same problem here

Jeff VIP
Total posts: 745
07 May 2013 23:18

Yes, this is quite a limitation :(

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
08 May 2013 01:46

When i apply a filter on the component (same section as the modules) the filter applies to the content of my modules and shows the same result as the search, which is obviously different than the expected output.

Fixed.

When i apply a filter on the component (same section as the modules) the filter applies to the content of my modules and shows the same result as the search, which is obviously different than the expected output.

As already mentioned in another bug report, i can not use 2 different templates for the modules. All changes done on 1 module overwrite template will affect the other module template.

Could not reproduce it even on the site with mentioned case.

Select Section -- CSELECTSECTION

Template Overwrite --> X_DONOTOVERRIDETMPL

Do not know how to load Cobalt language file on module setup. Probably need to create module separate language file.

Sackgesicht VIP
08 May 2013 02:09

I have 2 "Record Modules" on the same page. They have different ids. I selected on both of them the same list template (example "table"). Now if i make changes on 1 modules template override, it affects the 2nd module --> the second module now has the same template settings as the 1st module.

Additional info to the setup:

The section on the page and also the section of BOTH modules is the same.

Sergey
08 May 2013 02:27

Did you copy that module or created new one? This is matters very much. If you made copy then yes it is connected. To get new template configuration key you ned to create new module.

Sackgesicht VIP
08 May 2013 02:32

module was copied ... hmm, ok, but that is the normal way of doing it under Joomla, right?

A normal user would not even think of creating a new module -- just copy and change the parameters ... anyway, i can create a new one, but would suggest to find a solution for it to avoid confusion in the future.

Sackgesicht VIP
08 May 2013 02:37

Question on the side:

How can i determine if there is a query on the side and act on it in the module ... - Thinking of using the url (query for cat_id) together with the "filter wornings".

How can i find out if there is a "filter worning" inside the module?

08 May 2013 02:58
 Sackgesicht

I solved it. The problem is default_list_blog.php template

if default_list_blog.php is being used for a module on the same page where there is already another module using a custom template

made by copying default_list_blog.php

then default_list_blog.php get overwritten by the custom template of the other module

this happens also if you have 2 modules with 2 difefrent custom templates, if the 2 custom templates have been made by copying default_list_blog.php

To solve this for now just make custom templates using different default templates

eg. to solve my problem I made a custom template with default_list.php

and another one with default_list_blog.php

Sergey
08 May 2013 02:58

I do not think it is possible. The worninigs are detected only after query is built. And since I had fixed filters in module it will not be affected anymore.

08 May 2013 03:03

Did you copy that module or created new one? This is matters very much. If you made copy then yes it is connected. To get new template configuration key you ned to create new module.

ah... maybe then I just "thought" I found the catch :S