Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
18 Mar 2013 23:14

When user do not clean up their notifications, Cobalt becomes slow.

I had around 63K notifications.

It took now around 8 sec display 5 records in an intro view. After empty the table, it went down to around 3 sec (which is still too slow). The notification table should not even influence the intro view, right?

Does the #__js_res_subscribe table also has an impact on the performance?

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sackgesicht VIP
18 Mar 2013 23:27

PS:

Memory Usage went also down from 60MB to 39 MB after cleaning the notifications ...

Sackgesicht VIP
18 Mar 2013 23:45

After emtying the #__js_res_subscribe table, it went down a little more.

Performance seems also depending on the number of records per Section.

A section with 2000 records displays more than 2 times faster than a section with 35K records.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
19 Mar 2013 03:33

notifications are not used when we select list of records. And when we render it should query notification table only once and then just show it.

Would be nice if you make backup before cleaning it up and send it to me so I could see on that slowness and see what is really affect it.

Subscribe table may have impact on performance. because we use it in SQL where we get list of articles.

Could you pack your site and send it to me? Because 3 sec is still not veery good.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
26 Apr 2013 15:08

Does it make sense to have an "auto-clean" feature. A global or user setting, that cleans-up after a certain timeframe? Something like in email clients and trashed items.

(maybe a feature for a general Auto-Trigger System or Plugin? I think we had another topic about Auto-Archive)

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
28 Apr 2013 06:15

(maybe a feature for a general Auto-Trigger System or Plugin? I think we had another topic about Auto-Archive)

This may solve symptoms but wont cure desease. We have to find cause and effect will go away :)