Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
31 Jan 2013 20:59

If i set a category access to a specific group, it will not display the category for other users .. BUT the search applies to it. If I search for records out of the category, where i dont have access, it shows the records.

The section filtering mode (like records in category/subcategories) should take this into consideration and not display any records from the category where i dont have access.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
01 Feb 2013 02:34

The section filtering mode (like records in category/subcategories) should take this into consideration and not display any records from the category where i dont have access.

There is another parameter Who can see restricted records. This also have to be involved.

I have checked the code and it is more complicated than I thought. If article has public access and category special, it means that you cannot see that category but you still can see that article. So it is hard to hide it because I do not know if user try to access this article through category or directly.

Sackgesicht VIP
01 Feb 2013 06:17

Hmm .. The question is, what prevails.

In my understanding, if a Category has restrictions, that will apply to ALL records of the category, otherwise if i want a public record, i will not assign the record to the section.

Also i can only assign the record to the section if i have access to this section.

Sergey
02 Feb 2013 10:42

On the other hand if records in in 2 categories where onу is public an one is special?

And form submission. If you are allowed fo add this type you can add records even if you do not have access to section where you add it.

I am not telling you that you are wrong I just try to say that it is not easy to decide how access rights have to work.

I have to think about this more :)

Sackgesicht VIP
14 Feb 2013 13:26

Actually, if you follow the category permission, it will be quite logic.

On the other hand if records in in 2 categories where onу is public an one is special?

It doesnt matter, if it is in public, he can see .. he will not see the same record under special, since he has no access to it-- but he will see it because of the assignment to public --> no problem

And form submission. If you are allowed fo add this type you can add records even if you do not have access to section where you add it.

also not a problem. if you dont have access to a category, you can not post to it ... therefore the records appear only where the poster has access and will later only be visible if the visitor has access to this group.

I have to think about this more

try to apply a simple logic approach to it ... depending on the user access he can only access records under his accessible categories / post only in categories accessible to him.

Sergey
14 Feb 2013 23:25

I understand the practical application especially knowing your project. But that will require to raise all record categories and check it's access.

I'll see what I can do. Is it important feature for you?

Sackgesicht VIP
15 Feb 2013 00:06

Hmm .. i believe it is a general important feature to control access to categories ...

It is not an immediate need or high priority as of now, but i consider it important

Sergey
15 Feb 2013 01:13

Fixed in next release.

Sackgesicht VIP
15 Feb 2013 02:32

Cool !!!!! :D