Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
27 Jan 2013 23:58

**Input form: ** - text_input_picker.php

date picker should open by clicking on the icon and not by clicking on the input field

manual (text) date input is not working, it does not accept keys except

delete key

Output template:

Age -- maybe it can follow the display output parameter -- Years, Days, Years and days

Output settings:

"Text before" and "Text after" are not working

"Day computation" is not working.

The day computation method is important for display of correct date for expired or notification marked days.

As of now the stored date is usual with the time 00:00:00, therefore if you encode a date it is considered already expired on the same day. the "+1day" computation would show it the whole day as not expired.

Info display for user

Display the date format through a tooltip over the label or a seperate icon, so that the encoder/ user will know the expected date format

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Konstantin
Total posts: 1,113
03 Feb 2013 22:51

What does it mean?

manual (text) date input is not working, it does not accept keys except

delete key

Can you explain.

Sackgesicht VIP
03 Feb 2013 23:03

Choose input form template "text_input_picker.php"

--> try to encode the date manually from the keyboard -> not working

Save a date selected by the date picker, then try to edit and change the date .. it only accepts the delete/backspace key

Overall manual encoding is not working.

Konstantin
03 Feb 2013 23:24

I try it now. Manual input date in text area is work and editing after save piker date too. I found problem only with month in date picker.

Konstantin
03 Feb 2013 23:33

"Day computation" is not working. it's working.

"Day computation" is not working.

"Text before" and "Text after" are not working it's working too, how can you see there is 3 section of parameters which has "Text before" and "Text after". Every pair for it notification period.

Sackgesicht VIP
04 Feb 2013 00:09

it's working.

"Day compution" based on latest version 8.21.

Sorry it is definitely NOT working. Just try the different modes -- best to see is when you use "+1" computation. Example the saved date is 04/02/2013 (today) it is saved with time 00:00:00 .. Assuming the mode is "+1" the it should be still considered a notification date and not an expired date. But it still shows it as expired.

Please check the source code for the computation -- there is no occurence of the date computation parameters. IT CAN NOT WORK .. except there is some magic involved or i made a mistake in searching .. :D

The text before for the 3 different sates CAN NOT work .. Just check the XML parameter. It uses the SAME parameter for the 3 dates and then it is not even used in the source code. So, iam wondering how it can display?

At least i could not find any occurence of F_PREPEND or F_APPEND in the whole cobalt code.

For the input, try with my parameters. Here it is simply not working. No error in console. Used Browser Chrome and Firefox

then ..

Sackgesicht VIP
04 Feb 2013 00:11

it was never implemented since Cobalt 7

Konstantin
04 Feb 2013 00:35

Can you give me access to your site, then I can check it.

Sackgesicht VIP
04 Feb 2013 01:26

I have an intranet setup ..

Field version is 8.21

Just try it on your installation. Install the datefield with the template settings as i posted it above.

You can also check it by looking into the source code. The parameter for the "Day computation" is never used by the datetime field, therefore it can not work.

Same with the "Text before" and "Text after" field. It is never used --> it can not work.

Maybe you use a version of the different field, which has the features already implemented ...

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
04 Feb 2013 07:56

Mo manual input you mean that you type digits and it does not appear in input box? Did you see in console if it shows any error when you type?

Konstantin
11 Feb 2013 04:37

In next release will be fix and improvements.