Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
24 Jan 2013 08:28

Most of the time, while performing a search a loading progress bar appears and stays. This only happens with the latest version. The earlier version did not have this behaviour.

The screen display is now also a little annoying. It shows first very briefly a map, then the loading comes in and then it shows the final map. This map switching should be avoided.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
24 Jan 2013 08:36

This loading progress should go away after markers are loaded. What console says? Why it does not go away?

Sergey
24 Jan 2013 08:37

I made it because on some sites it took to long for marker load and in the mean time I was even thinking that this does not work and started to investigate and minute markers came up. So I added this it woudl be visible that it is doing something.

Sackgesicht VIP
24 Jan 2013 08:43

The console just has still the old error message, reported before : "Uncaught ReferenceError: geoip_latitude is not defined " no new problem .. this problem seems to happen when the search will not find a record with location

Sergey
24 Jan 2013 23:06

If you have markers everything works fine?

Sackgesicht VIP
30 Jan 2013 19:35

If the geo field is empty, it still displays the label in full view/ or in a tab.

The normal behaviour for other fields is --> not to display anything.

If you use the geo field under a tab in full view, the tab will display even with no content. Better if it would not display the tab/field at all so user don't expect anything there.

Sergey
01 Feb 2013 00:53

Better if it would not display the tab/field at all so user don't expect anything there.

I do тещ have count records there. I mean to enable what you say I need to run query to search records before filter display which I would like to avoid. :)

Sackgesicht VIP
01 Feb 2013 03:07

Every field does not display anything (no label, even no tab when there are no field values present under the tab) in the full view when there is nothing stored.

Geo field displays the label, even without anything saved .. thats what i tried to explain

Sergey
01 Feb 2013 05:46

I had made some changed to the output template of the field. If field return null рерут it is automatically hidden. But geo field so complex that it is very easy even empty ретд tag to be returned. I think it should be fixed.

Sackgesicht VIP
07 Feb 2013 06:43

Still the same problem as in the topic.

If i search for something and there is no result, the "loading bar" will stay on the screen.

Also when the map starts, it shows a map for a moment, then another moment the loading bar, then changes to the bound display. Not a good approach.

Also the fit markers to map will erase cluster marker. Another refresh will bring them back, but it is an irritating behaviour.

Sackgesicht VIP
07 Feb 2013 06:45

The tab still shows in full view, even if there is no content in this record

Sackgesicht VIP
07 Feb 2013 06:46

The field version is 8.99 but it behaves exactly as in 8.95 ... (Map template)

Sergey
07 Feb 2013 08:48

I need var_dump of this field to understand what is getting there.

The field version is 8.99 but it behaves exactly as in 8.95 ... (Map template)

You mean load progress bar does not disappear?

Sackgesicht VIP
13 Feb 2013 17:54

Any news for the progress bar? Maybe an option to show or hide the progress bar would be good.

Also the issue with the progress bar staying there when there is no marker to display.

Sergey
14 Feb 2013 02:07

I've made some changes.

Somehow I do believe that load bar is good because on some servers it may take some time to load markers. Then we have 2 choices.

1. Draw map and after markers are loaded, fit bounds and adjust map's zoom and position.

2. Do not draw map until we get all the markers.

Now I did second way. But in the mean time while we are loading markers progress bar is displayed.

Check it today and tell what you think, please.

Sackgesicht VIP
14 Feb 2013 05:12

Not drawing the map before markers are there might be a good decision.. so it would not show first the map and then change the view because of the bounds.

Most important is, that there is no loading progress bar when there are no markers. This is very disturbing. Maybe the loading progress bar can even be switched off...

Based on the clusterer speedtest, it takes not much time to load 1000 marker from an XML.

Anyway, I will see later .. If it works as expected, then i will encode first 200 marker to test it a little bit .. :D

Sergey
14 Feb 2013 06:03

Based on the clusterer speedtest, it takes not much time to load 1000 marker from an XML

I did it because there was a case. It took up to 20 seconds to load only 20 markers. And problem is not cobalt but server response. On that site loading indicator ply very nice role. At least you know that something is happening.

Anyway, just test how I did it this time and tell me what you think.

Sackgesicht VIP
14 Feb 2013 06:12

if the problem is the response time, try something like the free Cloudflare

I was able to bring down the time from >~3000ms to ~85ms

It is definitely worth a try....

Sackgesicht VIP
15 Feb 2013 03:04

We will start encoding more markers tomorrow.

For me, the short flashing of a fraction of a second for the loading bar at the beginning is still a little bit irritating -- not so much, but it could be avoided ...

actually i can not remember any provider using it -- all markers are always fast in displaying under Google Map Api3 ...

Maybe a switch "Show loading animation" yes/no would solve the problem ... :D

In case loading time would increase (which i dont think), it can be activated anytime ...