Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
17 Jan 2013 04:47

in tmpl/window/default.php on line 42 is echo missing before JURI::root(TRUE) --> results in broken image links, when installed in subdirectory

map template parameter "Field with position source" does not show all "location" fields (I have 2 location fields available, but only the wrong one is shown) -- >solution was to manually enter the field no. in configs/default_list_mapxxxxxxx.json file.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sackgesicht VIP
17 Jan 2013 05:21

On the edit form, it does not display the markers to choose from .. only empty square.

I have an installation in a subdirectory, maybe this is the problem.

Sackgesicht VIP
17 Jan 2013 05:37

zoom control is most of the time broken

After saving map template parameter, the location field setting is gone and i have to manually edit the json file again.

Feature request : Panoramio layer and heatmap layer :D

Sackgesicht VIP
17 Jan 2013 15:17

Bug -- Marker disappeared...

I put my markers in an individual folder "special", but the field does not save the custom folder name of marker anymore.

I can temp. fix it by copying the markers to the custom folder, but it would be good if the individual folder selection would work again.

see console with other errors:

see them here:

and here:

Sackgesicht VIP
17 Jan 2013 15:29

Suggestions:

1) Since the map template supports a list template under the Map display, a toogle to switch the map on/off would be cool. With this we dont need to use 2 templates through the template switcher anymore.

2) an optional index display of used markers on the left.

See example here

Sackgesicht VIP
17 Jan 2013 21:24

When you access the map template with a PC not connected to the internet it just shows an empty space. (since it can not load the googlemap api).

An online detection would be cool, so that nothing is displayed (google map buttons and the map) or loaded (additional css/ js or other code) and it will just display the list template specified as "under the map".

Sackgesicht VIP
19 Jan 2013 00:39

As discussed in the other geo map topic:

Display the previously encoded Town options as selects --> as it is now with State.

Sackgesicht VIP
19 Jan 2013 00:44

The filter does not act on the icons below the location selector.

Sackgesicht VIP
19 Jan 2013 04:26

Suggestion to use MarkerClustererPlus instead of MarkerClusterer for the map list template.

See here

Maybe also an option to use normal or minified JS..

Sackgesicht VIP
19 Jan 2013 16:52

map_anim parameter, used in the map list template line 121 is missing in XML

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
20 Jan 2013 06:45

in tmpl/window/default.php on line 42 is echo missing before JURI::root(TRUE) --> results in broken image links, when installed in subdirectory

Fixed

map template parameter "Field with position source" does not show all "location" fields (I have 2 location fields available, but only the wrong one is shown) -- >solution was to manually enter the field no. in configs/default_list_mapxxxxxxx.json file.

Cannot reproduce. Created another field, and parameter shows both.

Fix. The problem was bootstrap

Feature request : Panoramio layer and heatmap layer

Implemented but no heatmap. Too complicated. Need a lot of coordinates. But added trafic, bicycle and transit layers.

I put my markers in an individual folder "special", but the field does not save the custom folder name of marker anymore.

Do you mean you save some records with one folder and then change the folder?

Suggestion to use MarkerClustererPlus instead of MarkerClusterer for the map list template.

Done

Fixed

I select marker, click apply and see all the records of only this marker. Or what do you mean?

As discussed in the other geo map topic:

Display the previously encoded Town options as selects --> as it is now with State.

Do you mean typeahead? There is typeahead for cities. But only for cities in the entered state.

Other

I wanted to make country/state/city and marker and distant search filters ajaxed since I load marker ajax anyway. But that I will do later. Too much work :)

Sackgesicht VIP
20 Jan 2013 07:17

Do you mean typeahead? There is typeahead for cities. But only for cities in the entered state.

Then here it is not working .. i have 7 x the same city in the same State .. in State it shows me the entry, but the city does not show, even it is always the same city.

I select marker, click apply and see all the records of only this marker. Or what do you mean?

Here when i click the marker under the filter i get an error in console -->

I created a new folder for the marker icons, copied them in it and select the folder in the parameter. But it does not recognixe the path, it expects the marker icons to be in "custom" folder.

Implemented but no heatmap. Too complicated. Need a lot of coordinates.

Heatmap -- Instead of sending the coordinates to the clusterer or display them, they will just go to

var heatmapData = [

new google.maps.LatLng(37.782, -122.447),

new google.maps.LatLng(37.782, -122.445),

anyway, not so important.. it is just another cool visualization.. depends on the usage scenario. I might try something on my own.. ;-)

Implemented but no heatmap. Too complicated. Need a lot of coordinates.

Cannot reproduce. Created another field, and parameter shows both.

Thats the most annoying bug, since it appears every time i save the field. Will see, maybe it is gone with the next build.

Sergey
20 Jan 2013 08:20

So heatmap is a sort of clustering alternative? It is not a heat of air?

please check if http://j.maxmind.com/app/geoip.js script is loaded. If not try to switch position initialisation off.

Then here it is not working .. i have 7 x the same city in the same State .. in State it shows me the entry, but the city does not show, even it is always the same city.

Fixed.

Sackgesicht VIP
20 Jan 2013 16:33

So heatmap is a sort of clustering alternative? It is not a heat of air?

It is another visualization. Depending on the zoom level it will display the "density" of marker in a region. It is used to better show areas with a lot of markers against few markers. An example would be traffic accidents, crime statistics, restaurants, etc. You can better identify the aera.

Implementation here:

https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/layers#JSHeatMaps

Put the location into var heatmapData

Then

var heatmap = new google.maps.visualization.HeatmapLayer({

data: heatmapData

}) ;

heatmap.setMap(map) ;

For a "perfect" implementation of a heatmap, an optional field would be good to add to the geo field: Weight -- this adds another dimension to the data.

With this you can better control or emphasize marker points. you can think of it as a sort of number of markers on this place and it could render the map much faster.

Example: You want to encode traffic accidents in a town. If you have already statistics with you like

10 x on corner xx/yy street,

14 x on corner aa/bb street,

7 x on corner cc/dd street

1 x on corner ee/ff street

you encode them with the weight parameter and need only 4 marker to get the same result as encoding 32 marker

Or the example of earthquake location. You encode the magnitude from the richter scale as weight. You will get a better overview where strong earthquakes are happening

Sergey
20 Jan 2013 23:55

Implemented without weight. I need to think about weight more how to set it right.

Sackgesicht VIP
21 Jan 2013 00:24

Implementation suggestion:

It is another parameter under "Google map input" --> Encode Weight for heatmap - No/Yes

If it is YES then it will add an entry field in submission form under the fields Address , etc with Label "Weight".

In the map list template it is another parameter to get beside the Long/Lat, if "Encode weight for heatmap" is YES

See:

var heatMapData = [

{location: new google.maps.LatLng(37.782, -122.447), weight: 0.5},

new google.maps.LatLng(37.782, -122.445),

{location: new google.maps.LatLng(37.782, -122.443), weight: 2},

{location: new google.maps.LatLng(37.782, -122.441), weight: 3},

{location: new google.maps.LatLng(37.782, -122.439), weight: 2},

new google.maps.LatLng(37.782, -122.437),

{location: new google.maps.LatLng(37.782, -122.435), weight: 0.5}

Sergey
21 Jan 2013 00:30

Yes, but if you allow to enter weight who wil enter 0.5? everyone will enter 5 at least or what is the maximum.

I'll make it as accesslevel. So average will be 1 and admin may edit and set individually. because only this approach make sense to me.

Sackgesicht VIP
21 Jan 2013 00:55

it can be any number -- it just represents the wight or in other words how many individual markers would have the same impact.

Weight can be like 1000.. or even 0.5 like represent only 0.5 ... it depends on the usage.

If you want to do an earthquake map, you might encode the magnitude from the richter scale like 5.6 or 6.3 ...

For hotels, it could be the "stars" .. so the map will highlight areas with either a lot of hotels or where the "5 stars" hotels are.

Some other usages :

• Density of data (members) per ZIP codes / Population density

• Sales turnover by regions/sales reps area

• Market and volume concentration per sales territory

• Activity level of wildlife in national parks

• Percentage change in traffic accidents and crime rates

• Website visitor pattern around the world (using IP address)

• Relative strength between currencies

• Social media penetration in different markets

• Mobile network signal strength and quality in cities

• Occupation efficiency of rooms in floor plans

• Pandemic/Disease case info per country for medical and health industry

• Working capacity for each state

• Support levels/voting of different political parties in opinion polls and elections

Source : http://www.imapbuilder.com/customization/google_map_heat_map_choropleth_map.php

Who ever will use the heatmap, will understand the parameter.

Maybe you might "force" me to write a small documentation about it .. :D

Some software is using heatmaps in their user testing to find out where they click most ...

See here