Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
08 Jan 2013 20:39

As of now, we can only set a 30 day "featured" interval. To stop it, we need to access special fields and change the date (as far as i know).

How about an additional feature toggle in the user menu, where the user with appropriate rights can switch "featured" on and off. (setting a date in the far future/ deleting the date)

Last Modified: 13 May 2019

clowride VIP
Total posts: 1,022
09 Jan 2013 01:29

i agree, would be usefull

stblink VIP
Total posts: 501
09 Jan 2013 09:23

Agree

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
12 Jan 2013 14:09

What about featured items through field value. e.g. Status field. This can be changed in frontend without editing the whole article. Drawback: This would require to set such a field as a criteria for "featured". i.e . list those articles at the top... or select and display those articles in records-module etc.

Sackgesicht VIP
12 Jan 2013 14:54

@pepperstreet

Actually it is even possible to set the "feature" attribute through the SQL actions in the STATUS field with place holder [record_id] directly in the js_res_record table.

I was playing around with it earlier, but i was looking for a better integrated "featured" handling from the core Cobalt, since i see the 30 day functionality with the prolong options quite limited.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
13 Jan 2013 06:37

There is a parameter in content type which can change this 30 days to whatever.

Sackgesicht VIP
13 Jan 2013 07:02

This is not about the number of days...

it is about an easy and convenient way to switch it on and off.

An example would be - marking of records/ problem cases etc for easy identification.

they will stay on top of the list until the problem is fixed ("unfeatured") and not when it exoires after x days

Sergey
13 Jan 2013 07:08

That is not exactly what featured designed for.

Do you think that status field where you can set record status problem and anyone can filter to see all problem records and change status after fix?

Sackgesicht VIP
13 Jan 2013 07:35

"featured" is the only option which can be set on top of all list, regardless of the sort order.

like in the forum -- a featured article is like a "sticky" article.

in advanced template even a color scheme is hardcoded for featured attribute. (which reminds me on quite some enhancements for adv template in my head ... :D )

A strong point for Cobalt is its "flexibility" and not limiting the user. I believe that the "featured" functionality can be used for a lot of other things. The example above should only show one of many possibilities.

Yes, i agree, it can be done with a status field, but why using an additional field when it can be achieved with core functions?

Maybe not an immediate priority, but definitely worth to think about it.

Sergey
13 Jan 2013 08:07

Yes, i agree, it can be done with a status field, but why using an additional field when it can be achieved with core functions?

Because it is very good field with ajax actions. It is designed for those purposes.

You can add additional SQL queries for every status. For example status "To fix" set this record featured for 100 years and status solved set it back. I think custom SQL queries instatus field would be good for that.

Pavel8289
Total posts: 66
30 Apr 2019 13:54

Sergey There is a parameter in content type which can change this 30 days to whatever.

Это еще актуалньо? Весь кобаль облазил и нигде нету

Sergey
10 May 2019 11:27

Pavel8289

Sergey There is a parameter in content type which can change this 30 days to whatever.

Зайдите в редактирование типа, перейдите на вклдку Emerald.

Pavel8289
Total posts: 66
13 May 2019 10:39

Sergey

Pavel8289

Зайдите в редактирование типа, перейдите на вклдку Emerald.

Спасибо. Даже не мог подумать что там оно есть!