Xtream VIP
Total posts: 129
03 Jul 2012 13:09

If I install Package - Cobalt 7 - v.7.8615, should it update automatically all modules and fields or not? Simply at a moment I install v.7.8615, but all fields are not updated till last version.

In my admin is next info about fields version.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
03 Jul 2012 21:33

I see. There is some issues about this. Because when you install Cobalt all free fields not installed as File packages but like Cobalt core files. So you cannot see it's versions. You can see only if you have installed it separately. That is way there may be difference. After update Cobalt moved all latest files but not as file installation package. And you do not see versions updated.

But modules are different. Modules in the package are separate installations and you should get latest version for them.

We will change and create package that install every field as separate installation to keep versions consistency.

Xtream VIP
Total posts: 129
04 Jul 2012 02:52

What about Mighty Assistant? It was very helpful in Resources.

04 Jul 2012 08:20

Unfortunately it was one of the reason for excluding us from JED. Currently Mighty Assistant will not be be upgraded to the Joomla 2.5

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
04 Jul 2012 08:22

In Cobalt 8 we will implement Joomla update mechanism.

All free fields and Cobalt will be possible to update right from Joomla. And all non-free elements you will at least see that updates are available. But download and install manually.