Xtream VIP
Total posts: 129
24 May 2012 10:04

Hello, I repost my old request from resources 1.5. Maybe in Cobalt it will be posible and more user friendly.

For example I have in checkbox field (or any another field, where we have Value list) next values:

1) Apple

2) Pineapple

3) Raspberry

Value "Apple" are used in more than 100 articles.

If I change in checkbox settings value "Apple" to "Big Apple" or to any other word.....I'll need to edit manualy all my 100 articles with this new value. How can I do it automaticaly?

And after this changes we will have problem with filters. Articles which are corrected with Big Apple, we can filter also by Apple.

Hidden text

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
29 May 2012 02:43

This is nice suggestion. Really fine feature. This is one of those that makes products unbeatable.

Let us think about this and may be we add this to Cobalt 8. Something to batch change. not only change value of the filed but change only those articles that have value of other field like "Apple". Conditional batch without explicitly selecting records.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
04 Oct 2012 22:04

The solution.

In fact what you enter in values are the keys. It is not what user see. You may for example enter

V_APPLE

V_ORANGE

In the language file on template Joomla langiage overrides interface you can add

V_APPLE="Apple"

V_ORANGE="Orange"

And if you need to change it in the future you can do. Just change the text and visually it wil be different anywhere.

Xtream VIP
Total posts: 129
05 Oct 2012 03:25

Hello Sergey,

Yes, it can be a solution. I will try to play with it to look if it have a problems.

If we will use this solutions, Cobalt code should be rechecked for missed Jtext function.

For example in com_cobalt/fields/select/tmpl/input/default.php line 50 is a code

<option value="<?php echo $value;?>" <?php echo $atr;?>><?php echo $text;?></option>

but should be

<option value="<?php echo $value;?>" <?php echo $atr;?>><?php echo JText::_($text);?></option>