blaztoma
Total posts: 7
23 Jan 2016 22:46

Hello,

I'd like my editors to have such functionality: * Add records * Edit own records so that they can not see other records which might contain sensitive information

I'd like to do it for the whole section. Maybe it's trivial question, but i'm lost :) Any help would be appreciated.

Tomas

Last Modified: 26 Jan 2016

Giorgi625 VIP
Total posts: 655
24 Jan 2016 10:59

When you create Type go to type settings(just pressing on a type name) and choose tab: submission parameters, here you can find option to set who can edit records and choose: Author only. So other authors can't edit your records but how to hide your records from other authors I don't know. http://i.imgur.com/AHdTXez.jpg

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
25 Jan 2016 02:24

blaztoma so that they can not see other records which might contain sensitive information

Hello blaztoma,
do you want to hide the records in lists, too?
Or record full-view only?

blaztoma
25 Jan 2016 18:45

Hello,

Thanks Giorgi and pepperstreet for reply.

What proposed Giorgi - would do for me if it worked. I want that records could add only (appointed) editors (not every registered user). So, i select: "Who can submit: special" and assign Author access rights. But it seems that Special user (author) can edit other posts even if "Who can edit: only article author" is selected. How can i escape this sithuation? Maybe i should organize it using some other way?

To pepperstreet: Basicly - public view is available for both lists and full view. I run plugins to convert information (markup) for final view. But in editing mode - you can see markup which gives away sensitive info. What's why i want that only author could edit his own articles.

Thanks, Tomas

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
26 Jan 2016 01:19

blaztoma I want that records could add only (appointed) editors (not every registered user).

Appointed Editors?
Probably you need to setup an extra usergroup and ACL?
Something like a parallel variant of "Registered".

So, i select: "Who can submit: special" and assign Author access rights. But it seems that Special user (author) can edit other posts even if "Who can edit: only article author" is selected.

Did you try with an admin? Or with SuperUser? I have to admit, I am not sure about the parameter "Who can edit - Only article author" and why it was invented.
It might be correct, that "Special ACL" can see and edit other records in any case.

I guess you would need an extra ACL. Then select this ACL in type -> Who can Submit.

Basicly - public view is available for both lists and full view.

Then you don't need to change the default section parameter for viewing restricted records (public)

So current type submission parameters / submission behavior are:
- Who can view public
- Who can edit Only article author

Headsup: "Who can view" access is only applied on first submission!
As far as I know, it does not change on re-save.
You would have to edit the record as an admin and change the parameter directly. Always make sure your records have the correct access setting.
You can see and check it in Backend -> Records -> Access column.

I run plugins to convert information (markup) for final view. But in editing mode - you can see markup which gives away sensitive info.

Sorry? You use a 3rd-party plugin to hide/show inner content?

blaztoma
26 Jan 2016 10:36

Hi!

Thanks for all your effort!

Giorgi hint about submission parameters and your (pepperstreet) hint about creating specific ACL solved the problem! Everything forks fine now.

Tomas