zerevans
Total posts: 61
27 Feb 2017 00:09

Here is an example of List function: Can this be done in Cobalt ?

http://www.boredpanda.com/single-dads-with-kids/

A. Admin creates some title and maybe first text and first image.

Like Add pictures of European cities.

B. Then different registered users can add for instance images.

User 1 add picture of London. User 2 add picture of Madrid. User 3 add picture of Berlin User 4 add Youtube video of Milano.

Users use this kind of Add Post function:

form.PNG

Last Modified: 03 Mar 2017

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
28 Feb 2017 00:58

Hello zerevans,
you might use the Comments -> Cobalt Type-as-Comment. It allows to use another type with other fields. Please, check its related parameters in backend. The "comment" type submission can be stored in an extra section, or even in a specific category of the parent type. By default, submission form is displayed as a new page, it does not happen inline "under" your parent content. (probably could be achieved through a modal window display, so users stay visually on your initial topic title)

Apart from that, Relation fields might offer a similar functionality. Please, compare parameters and possible workflows.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
01 Mar 2017 06:43

Technicaly it is possible but not ideologicaly.

I understand what you want to do nd I can say the way it works now woun't work out for you. because any attached data is a new articlew and you want to extend your current article.

At the ernd you can make what you want, but that will require serioce template customisations.

zerevans
02 Mar 2017 08:50

I use Disqus in Comments.

In Disqus is possible to add also videos and images: https://help.disqus.com/

Maybe some little modification to Disqus but I do not know is it possible to modify Disqus ?

pepperstreet VIP
02 Mar 2017 19:30

Sergey any attached data is a new articlew and you want to extend your current article.

Technically they are separate records… but I see no disadvantage. Any type of comment is an attachment to a parent.

IMHO, the example application is not a multi-author article. Because users have no rights to post, nor edit the initial article.

As mentioned before, the only usability difference is the submission form. It is not "inline" on the parent page… but a modal window could mimic and improve this behavior.

zerevans In Disqus is possible to add also videos and images:

Good point and idea.

There is an image upload button (small). Or directly paste image-URL in comment.
Video works as well, as far as you enable the "media attachments" in settings. This is NO upload though, you just post the URL inside the comment area. disqus converts many popular video providers into a preview automatically. It does not display at once… you have to submit first to see the preview.

If you want to monetize/place ads, you might go with disqus. Not to mention the "social community" factor and sharing. It looks clean and easy. Drawbacks might be: Off-site moderation and user rights and access control. Also templating might be limited.

pepperstreet VIP
03 Mar 2017 03:32

zerevans A. Admin creates some title and maybe first text and first image.

Like Add pictures of European cities.

B. Then different registered users can add for instance images.

User 1 add picture of London. User 2 add picture of Madrid. User 3 add picture of Berlin User 4 add Youtube video of Milano.

BTW, if you dare to take a step on the "dark side"… ;)
I have found a WordPress plugin and two accompanying themes for a similar task. So called "Open Lists".
Looks pretty nice and out-of-the-box…

Maybe of interest for you and a possible time saver.
Hope this helps.

zerevans
03 Mar 2017 08:21

Thanks so much my Friend Pepperstreet for nice answers.

Plugins seems so great.

I begun with Wordpress but my website is now Joomla based.

That first of your plugin is just what I have been looking for.

I must ask from my developer too what he thinks.