• Home
  • Support
  • Forum
  • Cobalt 8
  • While using Image field, when i download the section data, can i have the image name as per i want

illusioninfotech VIP
Total posts: 35
24 May 2018 11:46

hi, I created a form and there is a image field in there on http://justloginindia.in So when user upload the image through Image Field with a name "XYZ.jpg" and save the data. but when i download the image drom data its name changes to some random "221a8638a93df4374c9116a96bc418f8.jpg" is there any option that it will keep the name as xyz.jpg while downloading also. or any custom option?

Last Modified: 30 May 2018

illusioninfotech VIP
25 May 2018 08:18

Hi, sorry may be i am pushing it fast, but i am running on a deadline to finish the project. can you please suggest a solution to the querry.

Giorgi625 VIP
Total posts: 655
25 May 2018 16:45

You need to upload images via ftp and in image field select initial directory in "Select Images Source". I think it will not rename images, but it is not good to manage if you have many images or You can try Core joomla media manager option for same parameter. Upload feature will always rename images.

illusioninfotech VIP
26 May 2018 08:07

Hi, Thanks for reply.

1. As user is going to fill the form so , how can he will upload it to FTP? If you any option to upload it to joomla Image folder let me know
  2. I tried using Core Joomla Media, but it say page not found and redirect me to home page

the issue is we need Images with consegutive number as their name like 1.jpg,2.jpg... and its should match with forms in the sequence. like 1.jpg is for the firm form filled by user then 2nd so on. if the names of images are random, Admin may not know which image is for which form.

can you please help?

i am running out of time

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
26 May 2018 23:53

illusioninfotech 2. I tried using Core Joomla Media, but it say page not found and redirect me to home page

See image field tooltip for "Select Images Source" parameter.
Joomla's MediaManager has its own options and (limited) permissions. You would have to allow the access to your usergroup. The upload inside MediaManager should keep your original filename and location.

A real drawback is the incomplete Joomla core ACL/permissions: You can set the initial folder... but the user is allowed to navigate the entire images root folder! Keep that in mind. Not to mention that all users see all other users images.

if the names of images are random, Admin may not know which image is for which form.

The gallery field allows to upload a certain amount of images.
There is also a "download all as ZIP" feature.
A single download in full view.
Image Title and description can be changed.
Original (download) filename is kept.

Probably a customized Uploads field might work as well.

Hope this helps.

If you need some sort of auto-naming, you would probably need some custom work.
Should be possible, because Cobalt allows field overrides and input output templates

illusioninfotech VIP
28 May 2018 06:42

Should be possible, because Cobalt allows field overrides and input output templates

Actually, I need the Auto-Naming and yes the custom work. My requirement is,

1. Lets say there is a form with 5 text fields and one Image field. When the user will fill 5 Text field and upload a photo to Image field.Now the name of the Image uploaded by User can be 123xyz.jpg, But I want it to be auto named to "1.jpg", then user will save the form and fill the new one, again he will upload photo say sjddsid23.jpg, but it should be saved as "2.jpg" and so on. if the User will fill 5 form the name of Image of the 5th form will be saved as 5.jpg.

2. Only Registered User will fill the form so, the Auto Naming will be applied to all users, i mean If new user start filling the forms, Auto NAming of Images will start from 1.jpg. Also, User may not fill all the form in a single day; he may save 10 forms today and 15 tomorrow, so, when he start filling the form 3rd day, auto naming shuld start from 26.jpg hope you understand

3. Lets 5 different users fill the 5 forms each in a single day. So, how will cobalt save the Iamges, I mean in which Folder. Because 5 forms of each USers will have 1.jpg, 2.jpg, 3.jpg so All the Images can not be saved in the same folder as they might replace the previous Image of the same name? So whats the solution to this. Can we create a single forlder(may be username) for each users?

4. We cant upload all image at once as they will be renamed 1,2,3,4,5 randomly and Image number may not be relevant to the data in the form to whom that image is assigned.

pepperstreet, Can you please do this? Let me know the cost.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
28 May 2018 14:48

Image field does not have download option. You can download it only through right click > save image as ... In this case tou wil have that random name. Because Cobalt recompress image acording to size settings, so it generates thumbnail.

You can add download button in custom image field output template referencing to original file location.

illusioninfotech Lets say there is a form with 5 text fields and one Image field. When the user will fill 5 Text field and upload a photo to Image field.Now the name of the Image uploaded by User can be 123xyz.jpg, But I want it to be auto named to "1.jpg", then user will save the form and fill the new one, again he will upload photo say sjddsid23.jpg, but it should be saved as "2.jpg" and so on. if the User will fill 5 form the name of Image of the 5th form will be saved as 5.jpg.

It is not possible. There is autid log and version control, and it can save old image, but it will not show all of them in one article only if you role bak to that version of the article.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
28 May 2018 20:38

illusioninfotech pepperstreet, Can you please do this? Let me know the cost.

Sorry, I can't help you out.
Currently I just can contribute to the discussion and discuss possible workarounds.
(for instance JCE filemanager supplies user folders etc.)

Anyways, your task sounds very interesting though.

illusioninfotech VIP
30 May 2018 08:36

Can you atleast suggest me who can do the Custom Work for this?