illusioninfotech VIP
Total posts: 35
08 Sep 2016 09:25

Hi, there is a Plugin Fornatter CSV. In the description its written 'This plugin allow to export list of records to CSV text format. Just add formatter=csv to records list URL.' I did not understand how to use it. can you please explain or send me any existing answer link.

Also, after export can i use the same CSV (update with new records) for imports?

Last Modified: 30 May 2018

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
09 Sep 2016 08:19

What is your URL you want to export?

illusioninfotech VIP
21 May 2018 10:35

Sergey What is your URL you want to export? Hi, this is the Url. http://justloginindia.in/ i want to export this data to Excell/CSV format how to do it using formatter?

illusioninfotech VIP
22 May 2018 11:16

Can you please tell me?

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
22 May 2018 22:44

Hello, make sure you have enabled/published the CSV formatter plugin.
Your Cobalt section list URL should be visible in your menuItem parameter... Or copy it from your frontend link, if you have disabled SEF URLs.

Usually the cobalt none-SEF URL looks like this (including my example placeholder ID and menuItem ID) index.php?option=com_cobalt&view=records&section_id=99:your-section-title&Itemid=999

If you append the formatter it looks like this:
index.php?option=com_cobalt&view=records&section_id=99:your-section-title&Itemid=999&formatter=csv

That link could be used anywhere...:
You might create a manual link inside the Section description textarea.
You might create it inside a custom-HTML module and template position.
You might even create a J! menuitem of type System Link -> URL (little headsup: Joomla does not allow : in the link input field. You might have to change that "separator" in Cobalt's global config)

If you want to use a SEF URL link directly... remember to exchange the & with ?
index.php/your-section-name/items/99-your-section-title?formatter=csv

Hope this helps.

illusioninfotech VIP
23 May 2018 07:41

Hi, Thanks.

This is my weebsite http://justloginindia.in/

I am using Default record list template. and CSV formatter plugin is enabled.

1. I am showing the Record List on home page. you can see the records there but it has not generated the link like 'index.php?option=com_cobalt&view=records&section_id=99:your-section-title&Itemid=999' as you mentioned?

2. if switch to Record List template to Blog then on front end it link to Titles, When i click on title i.e. go to full view it shows me the link 'index.php?option=com_cobalt&view=records&section_id=99:your-section-title&Itemid=999' as you mentioned. on this i used &formatter=csv and press enter. I recieved the message "No CSV for Article view." please see the video. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dV7UCWBrVW_1TCvz8EhWnAEtBG5l-jxk

3. What i want is complete list of record in CSV/excell sheet?

thank you

Sergey
23 May 2018 11:42

If you mean your homepage http://justloginindia.in/ , then you can use URL http://justloginindia.in/?formatter=csv& ;limit=1000. But enealbe CSV plugin.

illusioninfotech VIP
23 May 2018 11:57

Hi, thanks for your quick reply.

The plugin is Enabled.

I tried what you said but nothing happens. hust page refreshed and nothing happen. you can try on that

Sergey
23 May 2018 11:59

illusioninfotech you can try on that

I did.

What is section ID of that homepage?

Sergey
23 May 2018 12:01

illusioninfotech VIP
23 May 2018 12:14

Hi, thanks

1. The link you gave me works but why my domain not showing like "index.php/component/cobalt/items/1-no-title-1526898294?Itemid=101" link like this. it there any option i disabled.
  2. I thought CSV format means in excell sheet, but its displaying the data there itself. its very difficult to put that data in Excell.
  3. is there any way i get the section item data in Excell sheet. Please, its very important for me to do this.

illusioninfotech VIP
24 May 2018 11:49

illusioninfotech Hi, thanks

1. The link you gave me works but why my domain not showing like "index.php/component/cobalt/items/1-no-title-1526898294?Itemid=101" link like this. it there any option i disabled.
  2. I thought CSV format means in excell sheet, but its displaying the data there itself. its very difficult to put that data in Excell.
  3. is there any way i get the section item data in Excell sheet. Please, its very important for me to do this.

Hi is there any chance of happening this?

Sergey
28 May 2018 14:07

Just save that data as .csv file extension and open with Excell.

pepperstreet VIP
28 May 2018 20:39

Sergey Just save that data as .csv file extension and open with Excell.

BTW, is there any way to "force" the download of the file?
Currently it seem to open in a new browser window (at least in Safari).

illusioninfotech VIP
29 May 2018 07:26

Sergey Just save that data as .csv file extension and open with Excell.

Save the data as .csv file means 1. copy the data from Browser itself by Ctrl+v and paste in excel? becuase i tried that way, but whole copies in a single column and as per the columns in the forms? 2. or Save the browser page? to .csv?

pepperstreet VIP
30 May 2018 01:37

illusioninfotech or Save the browser page? to .csv?

Terms might depend on the browser, but you can "right-click" the link and choose "save linked file as...".

Or you can choose "save as..." in browser file menu. Choose "as page source...". For instance, SAFARI does offer 2 formats. Web-Archive or page source. The latter is saved as .txt file.

Both should result in a .txt file.
You can rename it to .csv, but you don't have to.

Sergey
30 May 2018 14:01

I've added to CSV formatter parameter to force to download it and open in Excel.