Clarenceljw VIP
Total posts: 5
05 Aug 2017 08:25

Hi Guys & Girls,

I want to set up recurring billing for my clients, e.g. $10 subscription fee charged every month for a year or an indefinite period.

I want to be able to set it up so that if my client wants to cancel their subscription, they can do it through a control panel etc.

How do I do this? I don't know how to set this up. Please tell me how or direct me to documentation.

Your kind assistance is appreciated. Thank you.

Regards,

Clarence

Last Modified: 10 Aug 2017

Clarenceljw VIP
Total posts: 5
10 Aug 2017 05:36

Its been nearly a week and I still have no answer. I bought a lifetime membership because I like your product. But I expect better service. Please respond to the question.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
10 Aug 2017 13:40

I am sorry for delay in response.

Recurrence is supported by emerald but not on the level of Emerald iteself but payment Gateway. So if Payment Gateway have thos feature, then you will be able to set it up. For example PayPal gateway have special parameters to setup recurrence. There are some other gateways that support it, but I cannot recall which one. Just look into parameters and if there is recurrence parameters, then it supports it.

To cancel recurence, user also cannot use Emerald, because recurence is not installed in emerald but in Payment Gateway. So user have to open Payment gateway like paypal, open subscription and cancel it. To hel user, you may hack subscription history layout and insert link that will open exact page on gateway where user can cancel subscription.

Why?

This is because emerald use off-site payment options only. We do not user gateway API calls. Enother words Emerald does not support payment models where user enter CC information on-site where Emerald is installed. Subscription is formed and user is redirected to gateway to complete payment. Thus there is no API key or even restriction level to access API of a gateway, so we cannot cancel subscription from site where emerald installed by sending API request to gateway in background. So user have to navigate to gateway to cancel subscriptions.

All gateways that supports recurrence also provide UI to cancel subscriptions.