kisznera VIP
Total posts: 32
06 Apr 2016 13:31

Hi! When I create a child field for my type, and Click to the add new button on the element of the type the newly created child doesn't attached automatically. Is it possible to attache the child automatically? Thanks!

Last Modified: 10 May 2016

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
06 Apr 2016 14:15

It should be attached immediately. Tyr to refresh browser. Sometimes on return it is not there but actualy it is attached.

Sergey
07 Apr 2016 03:18

I do not see any new comment here.

kisznera VIP
09 May 2016 09:39

Hi, I found a video in youtube, and follow it step by step, and now works correctly. It should be great to have deeper tutorial in here. Thanks at all!

Now I have a last question. I have 3 types: 1. Project type 2. Cost 3. Manufaturer

The costs have 2 parents the Project type and the Manufacturer

The projects has Costs (childs). And in the project page we can see the list of the children (the costs) In this list I haven't seen the manufacturers of the costs (other parent of the child). It works different as the other fields of the child (cost). I mean all cost fields is visible only the manufacturer missing. Is it possible to show them in the Project page or not?

If not i suppose to use a simple list for the manufacturers. Thank you in advance!

Sergey
10 May 2016 05:40

Project and manuafacturer are not connected, thus you do not see it. Relation fields have a limitation of one level to display to avoid perfomance issues. I mean if you see project it will show costs but will nor show relation records of the cost, otherwhise that would take to much resources and could dramaticaly slowdown Cobalt.

Also I noticed that you are using reverce logic. Fields names points to what type is. For example Your Project type should have field parent to connect with Costs. It is parrent field because Project is parent. And Cost have Child field because it is child. It looks like you use child field in Project because it shows children and that is worng. I know it is little bit confusing. When I named fields I had a choice how to name them after function of the type you attach field to or after field content. It looked like function of the type was better idea.

kisznera VIP
10 May 2016 09:31

Thank you for the explanation!