Judah Raine
Total posts: 332
22 Nov 2012 08:09

yes, me again sigh... I have purchased the spiral scripts featured module for cobalt (it seems this is the only one out there??) and thus far am disappointed, but still trying to get issues resolved through their forum. The module is simply not doing what it should, and I'm running out of patience as days later i still have not received answers.

Does anyone know of another module that would work? I really want something incredibly simple, like the joomla core newsflash module, which obviously doesn't recognize cobalt categories. Is there no way to "tweak" the core module to recognize cobalt? My thinking is that if you can have your review/discussion module integrating with core joomla articles, surely there can be something done to persuade the core newsflash module to to read and display cobalt?

Oh pretty please, I'm utterly frustrated right now. I need this to manage the rotational ads on my site and purchasing something that doesn't work is not helping :(( especially when it seems this is the only option.

I do so hope one of the cobalt guru's can wave a magic wand.....

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

clowride VIP
Total posts: 1,022
22 Nov 2012 11:20

i'am really sorry you have a bad experience, i'm sure Suzan will find a solution to your problem :(

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
22 Nov 2012 19:48

I am sure Suzan will assist you. Please, hold on.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
23 Nov 2012 04:27

@Sergey

Its about time for standard parameters and properties in Records-Module ;-)

http://support.mintjoomla.com/en/cobalt-7/ideas/Records +Module+-+Features+%3F%21-1695.html

clowride VIP
Total posts: 1,022
23 Nov 2012 04:59

I'm lot of discutions with 3dp developers to have records module (news, front page, featured, ) i hope good news soon

Judah Raine
23 Nov 2012 06:52

I have also spent most of today emailing every single featured article type module developer so perhaps that will aid the cause - I know I'm just one little voice crying in the wilderness but perhaps if they perceive a demand they will be quicker to respond :D A girl can dream. In the meantime the only response I have from spiral scripts is "there must be something wrong with your template" which frankly is no use at all! I mean, which of the gazillion various templates from the site template to their module template could that be?? I must say I'm not at all impressed with their service, especially for paid modules... but maybe I've been spoiled by cobalt? :D

Judah Raine
23 Nov 2012 10:32

Well, I have finally uninstalled the entire module, checked for residual files and then reinstalled. I then copied the custom templates into the folder and set up the module once again. It is now working as expected. Previously, instead of rotating articles, it was displaying them one on top of the other. As I changed nothing in the templates I created, I can only assume that there must have been some issue with the installation? The mind boggles. But at the end of the day it has cost me about three days worth of angst and wasted time, with little support from the creators. Let us hope that more developers out there turn their attention to modules for your fabulous Cobalt so we're not stuck with having no choice but to accept poor service.

Thanks for the support. You kept me sane

For the record, this is what I was getting:

Judah Raine
24 Nov 2012 01:58

Ah, another option, thank you :D