Judah Raine
Total posts: 332
10 Nov 2012 10:10

I'm a little confused with tags, and would appreciate your help. If I set them to public can add then the facility is live on the site for all and sundry which I definitely don't want.

What I need is for the person requesting the review to input the tags into the form itself, i.e. though public can submit tags it's only through the submission form and not within the front end record view.

Hope that made sense. :D

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
10 Nov 2012 16:00

Judah,

you have to understand the functionality of tags. Tags is a sort of general filter for a Section/Type where a defined user group (public, registered, special) will get the right to create tag definitions after your record was already fully submitted and is live.

If you need your own "tagging system", i would recommend to use a checkbox field, where your users can check the options when they create the record. There is also an option, that they can add additional options, while creating/editing the article to enhance the default options.

Judah Raine
10 Nov 2012 23:01

Ah, thank you - I was thinking along the lines of the traditional "blog type" tags that obviously Cobalt has outgrown. Good to know.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
11 Nov 2012 07:35

What I need is for the person requesting the review to input the tags into the form itself, i.e. though public can submit tags it's only through the submission form and not within the front end record view.

Unfortunately it is not possible. If user have rights to add tags, he will be able to add it as on the form as in the article. I think it is much simpler to add tags in the article though. And sometimes you even do not want someone who add tags to be able to edit article at all.

Judah Raine
11 Nov 2012 10:52

Thank you :)