Judah Raine
Total posts: 332
10 Nov 2012 09:15

I am still struggling with the best way to put together the review section. I have:

one type (reviews)

one section (crr-reviews)

one category to this section (review-requests)

The reason for this is that public can submit and can view the final review, but the records must not be accessible to the public until edited by the reviewer.

I created the category (review-requests) thinking to submit (public) to this category which is only accessible to reviewers. When the reviewer goes in to edit, they move the article to section (crr-reviews) which is then available to public to view.

I obviously do not want the category (review-requests) to display on the section page, only the records that are moved to the section during edit.

This seems to have worked, i.e. the article no longer shows the category, but when I go to crr reviews it tells me there are no articles! Is there some magic setting I should change to display these without displaying the category records as well??

Thank you, I'd be grateful if you could enlighten me.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Judah Raine
10 Nov 2012 09:58

Just an update... If I submit directly to the section, the articles display fine, so it seems there is a problem in moving them. I really need desperately to find a solution for this, I'm not sure why it's not possible for me to "resave" an article to the section - I could understand not being able to move it from one section to another, but this is from the category to the parent section.

For the reviewers to access the article during the "secret" stage, the articles need to be published. Therefore they cannot be submitted to section root as the public will then see them and be able to download the files, which is illegal!!!! (Contravention of copyright) Even if I hide the upload field from everyone except reviewers, I then still have incomplete articles that are published, which really is not at all professional.

Oh pretty please, can someone assist me with my dilemma. Thank you!

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
10 Nov 2012 21:50

Judah,

first check your section settings and make sure everything is set as you want it.

Judah Raine
10 Nov 2012 22:58

Oops! :D Missed the show any record in the section - I thought this might show the categories too, which I think is why I didn't change it. But I've set it to this now and all seems fine, thank you. What a silly thing!

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
11 Nov 2012 22:50

Another suggestion is that you do not have special category. Just make it so that submitted article is visible only for reviewers. And when reviewer adds review, he also change article access so it become visible.

Or added request may be simply unpublished. Reviewer sees all unpublished records and add review and publish.

This way you avoid to have special category and then look for ways to hid this category from the users and so on.