Judah Raine
Total posts: 332
04 Nov 2012 00:49

Morning :) First let me say I DO NOT expect a reply on a weekend :D It's just that my to do list is so long that if I don't post the question immediately I will forget it and lose time....

Is it possible to have different submission forms for different categories within the same section and type? e.g. type affiliates, section affiliates, category affiliate publishers and category affiliate authors.

These two will have slightly different requirements in terms of their profile information, and being able to create separate submission forms would greatly simplify the process. As the submission form is set in type, my head tells me "no" but there is perhaps some magic solution? :D

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
04 Nov 2012 03:13

Unfortunately this is not posible.

Judah Raine
04 Nov 2012 03:21

I thought so, thank you

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
04 Nov 2012 06:54

Judah,

looong time ago, I described on the MightyExtension forum a solution for a similar setup. (Maybe Maik Kaune will still remember it)

We had 3 groups submitting to the same (customized) submission form through 3 different links.

The normal article submission link was disabled.

Based on an added parameter to the link, we could identify who called the submission form and we were hiding or showing fields of the TYPE (which made it like 3 different forms).

The Category for submission was also set through the added parameter.

But again, this was accomplished with a customized template and additional modifications.

A more detailed description of this setup should still be somewhere in the MightyExtension forum.

Judah Raine
04 Nov 2012 07:16

Ooooooh :D I'll make time to go across and have a look, thank you

Judah Raine
05 Nov 2012 01:26

I know this is a long shot, but you wouldn't still have the original template, would you - happy to pay towards it if need be. It would be good to have a reference point for this. The basic concept seems to be exactly what I am looking for :D. I'll need more research on URL-ftype parameter which determines what value the simple select field will get for each three, and then how to hide the fields on the relevant forms... I'll be Googling and learning most of the day, lol

Sackgesicht VIP
05 Nov 2012 01:31

The template is still somewhere, but it was done for a project under Resources 1.4.7/1.5x

I will try to replicate it under Cobalt7/Joomla 2.5 as a case study - maybe you can post the link to the discussion, so i might remember better the problems we faced at that time ...

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
05 Nov 2012 16:28

The template is still somewhere, but it was done for a project under Resources 1.4.7/1.5x

In original post you wrote:

i will look into the template again, clean it up and attach it here in the next days ...

I am still interested in the original ME Resources example ;-)

Would you mind an attachment in the old topic? Or maybe an upload in the download area.

stblink VIP
Total posts: 501
07 Nov 2012 15:53

Sackgesicht,

1 - I noticed on the mighty forum link that u posted a screenshot (i've uploaded in attachment), where is this located? Because i can't find any options showed on ur screenshot on cobalt.

I'm trying to make a portal to allow users to add their entry. I've tried SOBIPRO but it's so slow that i recommend everyone to run from it.

I will have 3 subscriptions with 3 different forms (because of the fields). Making 3 types would not work because if a user wishes to update subscription it has to be another type, which means the votes, the hits, comments, would dissapear because it would be another record right ?

But i'm thinking about create copy's of the submission template so that certain fields would be excluded or hidden. I've checked the templates documentation and i see that allows fields_by_id and so on... has anyone tried it? Am i thinking correctly ?

But then again... it's all about 1 type... how could i define when a certain field should be hidden or excluded.. all i can think is via url. Whats the ftype that is mentioned in this discussion ?

thanks

stblink VIP
07 Nov 2012 19:18

Please correct me if i'm wrong.

With Emerald it's possible to automatically assign a user to a joomla user group depending of their subscription. Process is:

1 - user press link to add a record -> subscription table plans.

2 - Depending of the package plan Emerald will assign user to a joomla user group -> When submitted it will redirect to the submission form.

Since Cobalt allows "Who can submit field" (I think it can be teasing that the user sees the fields he could fill but not allowed because of the lower subscription) i can set each field per joomla group user.

This is what i intend to do, since i don't know emerald backoffice i was wondering if someone knows.

thanks

Sergey
07 Nov 2012 21:07

I will have 3 subscriptions with 3 different forms (because of the fields). Making 3 types would not work because if a user wishes to update subscription it has to be another type, which means the votes, the hits, comments, would dissapear because it would be another record right ?

If it is subscription based then you may keep only one type and just show fields based on subscription. If you have basic subscription you see basic fields. If you updated you got more fields.

But i'm thinking about create copy's of the submission template so that certain fields would be excluded or hidden. I've checked the templates documentation and i see that allows fields_by_id and so on... has anyone tried it? Am i thinking correctly ?

fields_by_id in form template simple use echo $this->fields[12]->result;

Please correct me if i'm wrong.

With Emerald it's possible to automatically assign a user to a joomla user group depending of their subscription. Process is:

1 - user press link to add a record -> subscription table plans.

2 - Depending of the package plan Emerald will assign user to a joomla user group -> When submitted it will redirect to the submission form.

Since Cobalt allows "Who can submit field" (I think it can be teasing that the user sees the fields he could fill but not allowed because of the lower subscription) i can set each field per joomla group user.

This is what i intend to do, since i don't know emerald backoffice i was wondering if someone knows.

thanks

Please, if you have a question, submit it as new topic. So people in this topic may continue to discuss their problem.

Sackgesicht VIP
07 Nov 2012 21:21

Because i can't find any options showed on ur screenshot on cobalt.

The screenshot is from a customized template, specifically made for this purpose

but it's so slow that i recommend everyone to run from it.

In my personal experience, Cobalt is performing well with 100K records. If you experience a slow down along your project, support here will try to improve further the performance if possible

which means the votes, the hits, comments, would dissapear because it would be another record right ?

correct

which means the votes, the hits, comments, would dissapear because it would be another record right ?

Am i thinking correctly ?

yes, see the template topic here

Am i thinking correctly ?

Whats the ftype that is mentioned in this discussion ?

it is just a parameter which will be retrieved by the template to determine the "form-type" and hide the respective fields.

stblink VIP
08 Nov 2012 12:19

Thanks for all the info. Yes i plan to use Emerald as membership component. Since every field will be assigned to joomla user group and Emerald allows to insert a user in a J! Group according to the subscription i can make it in one type.

Just one final question...

The Gallery component i haven't tried it because i haven't yet purchased the subscription. However i know that i can limit the images upload. When inserting it on the form I believe i can't define "if user is from Group1 he can upload 5 images, if user is from Group2 he can upload 10 images" or can i?

The work around would be adding 3 gallery fields, each assigned to each user group but would mess up the form. If there's no possibility then i will have to do it that way.

At least i know that i will have good support when buying the subscription! Thanks.

Sackgesicht VIP
08 Nov 2012 14:28

The work around would be adding 3 gallery fields, each assigned to each user group but would mess up the form.

It would not mess up the form, if you hide the other 2 depending on the user (customized template)

BUT

it would have the consequence that you have to adjust all other templates which display this gallery field. --> more manual work needed to set it up correctly.

A better approach would be to edit the gallery field and add this functionality there. (But you have to reapply the changes every time you update the field)

OR

give the field a new name, make your changes and let it coexist with the originally gallery field.

stblink VIP
08 Nov 2012 20:15

well... i see one thing. Since the template view shows (and it should) only one image in the vcard, having 3 gallery fields would not work because i would have insert the code for all of them, and to check which one has images inside so that it shows that field and exclude the others.

So that ability to limit the number of images based on User Group functionality would have to be inserted into the field...

I don't have php knowledge for it and i don't see other way.

Sackgesicht VIP
08 Nov 2012 21:32

So that ability to limit the number of images based on User Group functionality would have to be inserted into the field...

I don't have php knowledge for it and i don't see other way.

Once you are ready with your project up to this point, I am sure you will find the needed help here to provide this functionality. :D

Sergey
11 Nov 2012 06:35

There should be template in gallery field that shows only one image.