Judah Raine
Total posts: 332
03 Nov 2012 03:29

I have read the article here: http://support.mintjoomla.com/en/cobalt-7/questions/How +to+create+link+to+category-1698.html

I have successfully created a category link as follows:

/index.php?option=com_cobalt&view=records§ion_2-crr-reviews&10-review-requests

This worked but loaded the section page, even though the browser link indicated the category as well. I then created another template but then I get a 500 error... sigh

I really am trying to do something which should be very simple:

It is very important that review requests and reviews are kept separate, even though they are part of the same type. The reason for this is that only the reviewers can access the article to edit and download the book. These articles must not show to public or any other group until the review is complete (copyright laws).

I tried to create two sections for one type, i.e. reviews and review requests, thinking that the reviewer could simply reassign the section when doing the edit and adding the review. Problem: the review section does not appear so we cannot reassign the article.

So now I have tried creating categories: reviews and review requests. This will enable the reviewers to reassign the articles, but I cannot create a link to only the review requests category, it goes only to section or 500 error.

I essentially need category review requests, available only to reviewers, then to reassign these to category reviews which is available for public viewing and no editing at all except by super user.

Oh pretty please can you help? I know I'm trying your patience to the limit and I grovel in abject apology in advance.....

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
04 Nov 2012 03:17

Any link to Cobalt requires Itemid. SO you cannot just type it in address line. You have to create menu element and you have to set this menu element in section and type parameters.

Judah Raine
04 Nov 2012 03:24

Ah, thank you :D

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
04 Nov 2012 06:36

Judah,

to get a better idea about the "itemid" see this:

What is an Itemid?

and

What is an ItemID?

Missing ItemID in Sections and Types is the cause of most "mysteries" when dealing with Cobalt and Joomla.

Make always sure your Sections and Types have the correct ItemID. The same with creating links. The best is to start with creating a menu first.

Also with Sections/Types. Create the menu first, then your Sections/Types and go back to "fix" your menu. It sounds a little "complicated", but as you get used to it, it is just a matter of seconds. :D

Judah Raine
04 Nov 2012 07:15

You really have been a help, thank you!

Judah Raine
04 Nov 2012 10:58

Ok, so maybe I am a little challenged :D this is what I finally have ended up with on my category link:

www.classicromancerevival.com/index.php?index.php?option=com_cobalt&view=records&section_id=2:crr-reviews&cat_id=10:review-requests

I tried it with the http bit, then without the www, then without both http and www. I tried leaving out the section and category names.

Type is set to the crr-reviews link as is section and category is set to the category link which isn't working, but I had it set to crr-reviews (still is this in article override parameter) but I still get a 500 error. Sigh. Been a looooooong day. :D

Judah Raine
04 Nov 2012 11:01

www.classicromancerevival.com/index.php?index.php?option=com_cobalt&view=records&section_id=2:crr-reviews&cat_id=10:review-requests

sorry this is how it reads, not the scrambled version up top