Judah Raine
Total posts: 332
29 Oct 2012 05:41

Yes, it's me again I'm afraid... I am unable to edit a test article I created for my reviews section. Thus far I have:

Created user and user group (reviewer) and assigned user to group

Set view permission for group

Set type to section and section to type

Set each field as editable by reviewer (create and edit only)

Set permissions in fields and section to edit and create for reviewers

If I log into the frontend as super user I see the edit icon next to the article in the list. If I click on it the article opens but each field except title and metatags tell me "you cannot edit this field". If I try to open the article in the backend as super user it tells me the same thing. I would have thought that super user could do anything??

If I log into the frontend as my test user I can view the article list but the edit icon is not there. If I open the article it opens as a simple article with no edit capabilities either.

I assume there must be some kind of conflict here with permissions but cannot seem to figure it out, having spent the morning setting and resetting every permission I can find. I'd appreciate your help.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Judah Raine
29 Oct 2012 05:44

Update: I logged off and restarted my laptop in desperation, having f5'd myself silly. It now shows the edit icon but when I select edit as my test user not super user it tells me "you cannot edit this field" as it does with the super user.

Judah Raine
29 Oct 2012 05:49

Exceptionally weird. I have done nothing to the settings in the backend at all, but now when I log in with my test user there is once again no edit icon?? Very confused.:(

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
29 Oct 2012 11:12

Every field have its own edit/submit access rights on field parameters. Set it to registered.

Note Cobalt works only with access groups but not with user groups.

So you have to create new user group, then new access group and add that user group to that access group.

Check it up. If you still cannot do it give me admin access to backend and I'll check if it is a bug.

Judah Raine
29 Oct 2012 12:56

Thank you for your help. I have managed to release the fields to super user in frontend by changing the edit permission for each field to registered. This also now allows super user to edit article in backend. However, I still do not get the edit icon for my test reviewer.

Hidden text

I have created groups and access groups, added reviewers to registered and also tried adding registered to reviewers but neither seemed to work.

I'm sorry to be a pest, and appreciate your help more than I can say.

Judah Raine
30 Oct 2012 05:50

Oh my, so sorry (red face) http://classicromancerevival.com

Sergey
30 Oct 2012 23:52

Ok here is my report

1. Global moderator was not set in your Cobalt config. I set it and now admin may review publish articles. Also admin may create moderators who will be able to publish and moderate articles.

2. Cobalt was outdated. Please note we release updates every Thursday. Please, keep your Cobalt up to date.

3. Authors of the review cannot edit it because you have set Author can edit to No

Judah Raine
31 Oct 2012 11:05

Thank you for taking the time to assist :) I now only have an issue when my test reviewer logs on - they still cannot edit a review.

I have created the group reviewers and the access level reviewer. I have added reviewer group to reviewer access level. I have now set all field edit permissions to reviewer. I have set section edit permissions to reviewer as well.

Permissions need to be clearly set on my site. e.g. I will have affiliates registered as well who cannot have access to edit reviews. That is, I understand, the logic behind the access levels? All of the groups with edit access will be registered, but some groups will have access to certain types and others won't.

Test reviewer logs in fine, can see list and article, but the edit icon does not show so they cannot open the article to edit it.

Sergey
31 Oct 2012 20:28

I now only have an issue when my test reviewer logs on - they still cannot edit a review.

Yes, because authors of the review requests are disabled to edit. please edit review type parameter and allow authors to edit.

I now only have an issue when my test reviewer logs on - they still cannot edit a review.

That is, I understand, the logic behind the access levels?

I do not think so. You have created right access level but you did not use it properly. You did not chose where you had to.

Judah Raine
01 Nov 2012 04:09

This is where my issue comes in. The reviewers are editors and not authors of the reviews. Public is the first step (author) by submitting the review request. The reviewer then edits the article to add the review and the rating information. If I set author to yes then public will be able to edit which is incorrect.

To clarify:

step one: author submits

step two: reviewer edits (author cannot edit)

step three: super user checks and publishes

I'm sorry if I didn't explain this clearly

Sergey
01 Nov 2012 04:34

For reviewer to edit in moderation section add user and add him edit rights.

Judah Raine
01 Nov 2012 10:27

Thank you so much, this is the secret!!!! :D

Just one more question - is there any way to "turn off" the add new review here, sort by and my menu, as well as limit the drop down box to only edit?

The reason I'm asking is that I have set the personalize button to no but the top menu still shows, and although I have set the reviewer to only edit in moderation, I did a test and my reviewer can still delete. My girls aren't always very computer savvy and I can well believe that they will inadvertently delete articles without meaning to!

Sergey
01 Nov 2012 20:25

Just one more question - is there any way to "turn off" the add new review here, sort by and my menu, as well as limit the drop down box to only edit?

Look through menu template parameters

I did a test and my reviewer can still delete

Set in type parameters that author cannot delete. And do not give rights to delete for reviewers girls :)

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
01 Nov 2012 22:19

Judah,

..is there any way to "turn off" the add new review here, sort by and my menu, as well as limit the drop down box to only edit?

as posted by Sergey, to accomplish what you want, you have to go to your SECTION PARAMETER and edit the "Section Menu" parameter.

Before you do this, i would recommend to make a copy of the default section menu and work on this copy, so that other sections are not affected by your changes.

You will find the relevant parameters under "Core"->"Menu Elements"

To limit the drop down box to only edit, you can do this through the "Moderators" assignment, which you can control within your "My Menu". Just allow only edit to the selected members.

Hope this helps....

Judah Raine
02 Nov 2012 02:16

Thank you so much!! I have resolved the section menu :D

As regards the moderator permission I have enabled only the edit function in moderators module. (Attached "moderators permissions" file is screen print of settings. I have also attached the print screen of the actual moderator view which shows the drop down box and that moderator can actually still delete ("live screen moderator" file). I did also run the process with another test article and it allows moderator to delete the article.

Sergey
02 Nov 2012 04:31

This only means that moderator is not simple registered user but also is member of some access level or user group that allow him to delete.

To check just delete edit rights. ANd if delete will go away with it, then it is a bug. If not, then ceck what is the user group and what you allowed to this group.

Judah Raine
02 Nov 2012 05:51

I went back to moderator and unticked the edit box and then apply and it didn't apply the change as per screen shot below.

If I save instead of apply it tells me item saved but when I go back into it edit is still clicked

developer
Total posts: 20
04 Nov 2012 22:34

Hi, Judah.

Unfortunately there was a bug and it fixed. Please wait till Tuesday when a new version will be released or edit file components\com_cobalt\models\moderator.php line 97 add 2 following lines:

if(!$data['params'])

$data['params'] = '';

Judah Raine
04 Nov 2012 23:00

Hi there, thank you for this. I will update with the new release.

Judah Raine
04 Nov 2012 23:27

Oh dear, there seems to be another issue with this now :( If I log in to the moderator module and click select user as follows:

It brings up the page below, but does not allow user selection, enter, save, insert..... all I get is the page with no actions at all.

Is this a bug or am I missing something :D

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
05 Nov 2012 00:18

Judah,

it should open in a modal window and not on a new window.

I believe you have some Javascript problems on your page.

This mostly happens with the combination of jQuery and MooTools plugins/modules on the same page.

Maybe you should check your other installed components/modules/plugins and temporarily unpublish them to see the impact. (Dont forget to refresh your page after changes and clean your cache if needed)