Judah Raine
Total posts: 332
11 Oct 2013 10:39

Hi there, please can you tell me where I can change the title of the Jomsocial Activity wall app? At the moment it displays as:

Thank you.

Jude

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
12 Oct 2013 14:21

Looks like a language text constant. Did you try to add it to your language overrides? Just copy/paste that title as new entry. (I assume you are familiar with the J! language overrides from your other topic ;-) )

If this does not work as expected, it might be a missing a correct "jText" call in the plugin/app.

Judah Raine
12 Oct 2013 23:01

I'll try the language override first, thank you. Sorry, that slipped my mind, what with working round the clock to get this dratted site running. Appreciate your patience. :D

Judah Raine
13 Oct 2013 00:08

Yay! Discovered the Joomla 3 language manager :D what a pleasure!

Anyway, it did not solve the plugin name issue unfortunately. After trying the language manager with no search result, I manually searched through all language files, with no result. So a) it doesn't seem to have a language file and b) there seems to be no facility to change the name. I looked through the plugin parameters again, and there doesn't seem to be a facility to give it a name. i'd appreciate your input, thank you.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
13 Oct 2013 09:20

no search result, I manually searched through all language files, with no result.

Could not find a constant or code snippet either... maybe it is build dynamically of PLG_ "appname" and the ending _TITLE ?! I guess, it should come from a Cobalt integration file or library helper etc.

For now, i would try to ADD a new language override with this exact name: PLG_COBALT1_TITLE

Delete and disable all caching etc. and reload the page...

Judah Raine
13 Oct 2013 22:47

I'll try that, thanks