Judah Raine
Total posts: 332
27 Sep 2013 00:30

I'd appreciate your help to clarify something:

A user uploads a book

This should display on his home page

I also want this in the general section, but only to display on the user's home page if he selects it.

To explain: the principle is that a user may add books to his book shelf (home page) either by adding via the submission form or by searching and adding it from an existing article.

Let's say another author has added her book, but I would like to add it to my page. I don't want a gazillion books from every author, just those I want to see. So I need to be able to search the library, then add that book to my page.

Is this possible? How would I set this up.

Thank you!

Jude

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
27 Sep 2013 05:50

Jude,

how about using the "Bookmark" function (can be activated under TYPE settings).

If you bookmark records, you will find the records (books) listed there.

Judah Raine
27 Sep 2013 06:07

So I should then set all articles to display only in section and not on user home page unless bookmarked... that has potential. I should have thought of that - I'm sorry, I'm a little stressed trying to get everything resolved by my deadline.

:)

Judah Raine
28 Sep 2013 02:30

Ummmm.... I'm just a little confused here as to how exactly to do this :D

I can set the records mode to posted on user's homepage, that's not a problem at all. But how do I set it so that the bookmarked items also display automatically on the user page without having to go into a bookmarks menu?

Judah Raine
28 Sep 2013 02:35

Never mind :D I've had a flash of inspiration...

I shall simply separate "my books" (Those I created) from "my bookshelf" (Those I have added). Keep it sweet and simple...

Thanks

Judah Raine
28 Sep 2013 02:54

That's working just fine... what would be really nice though :D is to be able to include in the article layout a bookmark link:

Either a button or simple text that says "add to your bookshelf"

I see in the article layout template:

type, $params);?>

Could I create one called library_bookmark and add the above?

A girl gotta dream....

Thanks,

Jude