stevied27
Total posts: 94
25 Oct 2016 17:37

Hi, paypal advise us the paypal method we use, [we have emerald 9,] is being phased out in january 2017.

Does your paypal plugin gateways_emerald.j3.paypal.v.9.33

support this paypal express checkout context method ? [Express Checkout with In-Context flow]

Click here to link tp paypal express page...

thanks

Last Modified: 22 Mar 2017

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
27 Oct 2016 09:14

I do not think current method will be depricated. This is based on IPN and Buy Now button, which will stay.

But if it is no longer working, of course we will implement new and latest PayPal technologies.

stevied27
27 Oct 2016 21:24

hi Sergey is it possible you can check that the new paypal express will work with your plugin??

if we wait until changeover to the newe express paypal in january, we will be without payment function if it does not work, we will lose lots of trade even if its down just for a day. we could not wait a week while you fixed any possible problems.

thanks

Sergey
28 Oct 2016 03:06

stevied27 hi Sergey is it possible you can check that the new paypal express will work with your plugin??

Yes, it is possible. Emerald have all events and interfaces to implement something like this.

stevied27 we could not wait a week while you fixed any possible problems.

Let me check if I can do that now. Please come back to this post in a week or to to check the status.

stevied27
06 Nov 2016 11:02

HI SErgey you said to come back in a week... see your last post. Are there any developments?

Sergey
08 Nov 2016 10:55

Can I see this PayPal notification? because I am as developer did not get anything. We use Payap Standard Integration.

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/integration/web/

I do not think it is going to be depricated. 80% of the web uses it even ebay.com.

stevied27
09 Nov 2016 21:06

hi sergey attached is the email texts, that my client received from paypal

there is a contact email in that text if you need to contact them.from paypal staff

i hope this is useful

stevied27
18 Nov 2016 10:12

hi sergey do you have any response yet to my previous post, thanks?

Sergey
20 Nov 2016 10:54

I am working on it.

Sergey
21 Nov 2016 08:57

We use HTML Buttom type integration.

This is not going to be depricated. The problem you have rght now, is that somehow Emerald sends incorrect information.

We’ve identified your integration as passing either invalid or incorrect data to PayPal in one or more of your payment buttons.

Please ask them how exactly it is incorrect? Let's try to fix this first. And HTML Button will continue to exists.

I was spending whole day on Express Checkout without any success. I am not sure I'll be able to implement this type of transactions. Emearld is not designed to use API methods. It is designed to use off-site methods like HTML Button and all payment gateways we support, use the same method. User is redirected to gateway to complete the payment.

Sergey
21 Nov 2016 10:21

i have created something. We need to test it on live site. Please contact me on skype serhioromano and we will try it.

21 Nov 2016 15:27

hi sergeyh sergey ..note, i have replied as myself on this post, rather than as steve, so i get automatic advices of new posts.

we probably have a second paypal account, unsure if express will be available on it. and we have a test site. i have emailed steve as requested, to get further data on what paypal are saying..

Sergey
21 Nov 2016 15:56

Anyway I have create Express Checkout integration. tested it in Sandbox and everything looks good so far. SO we can trasition your site to it. Of course first test it somewhere real.

21 Nov 2016 16:38

ok sergey let me know how you want to proceed, i will set up an account on our test website .

stevied27
21 Nov 2016 17:42

hi sergey we have paypal running on our test site now.

ready to test paypal express with emerald do you have any files ?

Sergey
23 Nov 2016 06:34

I gave you my skype earlier. Please contact me. It is not only files. you have to test and report, then I try to fix, and so on. We have to be both online for debuging.

23 Nov 2016 13:43

hi sergey i am setting up my skype again, [new webcam] and i will advise when its ready.

you are ahead of us time wise, what time of day is usually a good time for you ? we are on gmt london time...

28 Nov 2016 11:20

hI sergey, my skype is working now, i set you a contact request.

Sergey
21 Feb 2017 04:36

What is not working in PP EC? I think plugin was finished and everything works fine. Does it?

26 Feb 2017 19:32

Hi Sergey,

Thanks for your reply. There were still some issues but Paul has fixed them - he can give you the details.

But we have a separate problem caused by the fact that in EC you never leave the site. This means that as soon as you make the payment you get a red cross to say the subscription is not enabled. This doesn't happen for subscribers with our current system because by the time they have left the Paypal site and got back to ours their subscription has been enabled.

Even though it may be enabled very soon afterwards in EC we are likely to get a lot of users emailing us straightaway to say their payment hasn't gone through, even if we use a pop-up window to tell them there may be a delay.

So, we are hoping it will be possible to allow the redirect after payment to go to a different page than subscription history. That way we can explain how to use the site and that there may be a slight delay and by the time they click the link to go to the members only pages their subscription will have been enabled.

Thank you for your help.

Steve Donnison

Sergey
01 Mar 2017 06:41

Guest So, we are hoping it will be possible to allow the redirect after payment to go to a different page than subscription history.

In the plan there is a URL parameter where to redirect after purchase.