jeffwiley VIP
Total posts: 15
01 Mar 2016 00:08

Global > Users

Global > Emerald

NOTE: I've added my missing problem description in a reply.

Last Modified: 07 Apr 2016

jeffwiley VIP
01 Mar 2016 16:56

Hmmm...odd. I filled this out yesterday and added the images, but somehow my text was never saved or posted. Just the images. OK, here it goes again.

I'm using the latest Emerald 9 (9.392) that I'm setting up for a site (latest Joomla 3.x release build). In my testing, I had this working. However, now it will not.

We are selling a subscription delivery service - 1-4 boxes a month. I've created pages for each of the plans, and when you sleect a plan, you are taken to the Emerald 'cart' or plan page, where a coupon can be added and where a shopper would put in their email address to purchase a plan.

I have RDS (Register During Subscription), Automaticaly activate user account on success purchase and Allow User Registration enabled. I have New User Account Activation set to Administrator. I also have PayPal checkout enabled. I believe all of these are correct.

Previous, in my testing, when I got to this page I would put in an email address and press the Pay With PayPal button, and then be taken to the PayPal site and payment page. However, now when I click on the Pay With PayPal button, the page simply refreshes, and nothing else happens. I'm not taken to PayPal.

I've found that the only way to get to the PayPal site and payment page is to already be logged into the site with an existing user. When I do that, the checkout works fine (and, of course, does not have the box to enter your email address). So, that means my PayPal is configured correctly and works. However, something else is going on where I can't get to the PayPal payment page without being logged in as an existing user.

Thanks for your help. I've included site access info in the private tab.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
03 Mar 2016 01:42

I cannot reproduce this.

I'll need access to your file system to make some tests and raise my accesss to super admin so I can alter global configuration.

jeffwiley VIP
03 Mar 2016 20:19

I've upgraded you to Super User.

I've also re-tested the Emerald checkout on several browsers, Mac & PC, and see the same problem - it never goes to the PayPal site.

Thanks

Sergey
08 Mar 2016 05:26

Sergey I'll need access to your file system to make some tests

Please either give me the FTP or install something liek eXtplorer so I could edit files.

jeffwiley VIP
08 Mar 2016 23:19

eXtplorer has been installed.

Thank you!

Sergey
15 Mar 2016 14:53

Do you host your own site? your site is EXTREMEY slow. SOmetimes 30 seconds for page to respond. Many fail attempts. I cannot finish my tests. File changes saves once in 10 attempts.

I made some thanges to PP plugin bot for 20 minuts cannot change it back.

Please update to latest to erase my changes.

I'll try to do it another day and see if I have better connection to your server.

jeffwiley VIP
15 Mar 2016 19:31

The website is hosted at one of the larger commercial web hosts. Not sure why it is so slow for you.

I removed the PayPal plugin and installed the latest version from this site. I tested it, and the same issue continues to be there.

We are ready to start using Emerald for our subscritpions as soon as we can get this working right.

Thank you for working on this for us. We think Emerald will be a good solution if we can get it to work and don't want to have to start over and look for another solution.

jeffwiley VIP
15 Mar 2016 22:05

Looks like my web host is dealing with an issue that is slowing the site down and they are working on it.

I'm hoping they will have it fixed by the time you are able to test again.

Thanks!

jeffwiley VIP
16 Mar 2016 20:57

The website is much faster and responsive now, so you'll be able to make changes or troubleshoot it. Thanks!

jeffwiley VIP
21 Mar 2016 19:28

Are you going to be able to help us here or do we need to find a differnet solution? We've been down for more than 3 weeks.

Thank you

Sergey
23 Mar 2016 09:32

I have very strange error. i cannot edit files in xTplorer. I open file for edit but it fail to save. Also after close, next time I open it, it is empty.

Give me FTP please.

jeffwiley VIP
23 Mar 2016 15:19

I've created an FTP account for you. Details will be sent on a private message.

Thanks.

Sergey
24 Mar 2016 10:34

I do not know why, but I cannot get to payment page now. I see some tiles page with offer to manage subscriptions. Please give me URL wheer i select subscritpion.

Also test perhaps it already works.

jeffwiley VIP
24 Mar 2016 20:46

The reason you can't get to payment is beause you are logged in to the website in your browser, so it sees your account and that you are already a member. Log out, or at least close your browser and reopened it and you should be able to get to the purcahse page, just use a different email address (or even just make one up). You can also use a differnet browser, and you will be able to get there.

jeffwiley VIP
24 Mar 2016 20:49

Same problem. I just tested it again.

jeffwiley VIP
29 Mar 2016 17:05

If you can't or aren't willing ot help fix this so that Emerald works properly, we will need ot seek a refund of the purchase price. We've been waiting too long for help. It's been nearly a month.

I hope that you are still willing to try to fix this and soon.

Thank you.

Sergey
04 Apr 2016 16:07

I'am sorry. Somehow this thread was lost. Checking it right now...

Sergey
04 Apr 2016 16:29

Fixed.

The problem was that you turned on SDR in Emerald user plugin. You cannot use SDR and RDS simultaniously. RDS could not register user because you required plan selector in registration form. It became required field.

I have turned off SDR in plugin and now everything works.

I am greately appologize that your issue took so long. Usualy i fix things quite faster. I can grant you another 6 month for free if it will save our relations.

What do you think?

jeffwiley VIP
06 Apr 2016 22:58

Thank you for your help. Yes, an additional 6 months is fine.

Can you tell me what I had set wrong, for future reference?

Thanks.

Sergey
07 Apr 2016 03:10

I have answered in previouse comment.

Sergey The problem was that you turned on SDR in Emerald user plugin. You cannot use SDR and RDS simultaniously. RDS could not register user because you required plan selector in registration form. It became required field.