Giorgi625 VIP
Total posts: 655
06 Feb 2016 19:44

Hello, lets say I have field which user can submit only if he has purchased subscription plan, 1 user has purchased this plan for 1 month and submited this field to his records, so what will happen with this field after subscription ends? will it stay on its place or will it be unpublished from this record?

Last Modified: 15 Feb 2016

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
07 Feb 2016 02:40

Giorgi625 what will happen with this field after subscription ends?
will it stay on its place or will it be unpublished from this record?

Hello Giorgi625, there are different Emerald restrictions for each case. Hence the description texts and the messages. Watch out for the word author...

Restrict Add:

is responsible for submission only.
So, fields would be displayed for visiters.
Wether or not the author has an active subscription.

Restrict Display:

is responsible for display/visibility. Select the plan, where the Author has to have an active subscription.

cob_type_emerald_restriction_display

FYI, if you need a global display restriction for the whole record, you might have a look at the section parameter -> Properties -> Display if author is in (usergroup select). This would require to add/remove the author by the respective Emerald action.

cob_sec_display_restriction_authors_group

Giorgi625 VIP
07 Feb 2016 07:08

I want this way: User who purchases Plan N1 can submit Field N1, and everyone can see this field on site, also them who has not purchased Plan N1, but when Authors Plan N1 subscription time ends I want to unpublish this field value only for articles submited by this author. is this possible?

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
08 Feb 2016 02:15

You have to only restrict Display. Do not restrict submission. Because if user purchase plan after article added he will need to edit oll hist records to add value. So let him always add value but diaplay it only if he has subscription.

Giorgi625 VIP
08 Feb 2016 02:54

So this field values will dissapear if users subscription will end? Thats what I wanted, and it is ok if after purchasing subscription again user will need to add this fields again.

Sergey
10 Feb 2016 09:47

Giorgi625 Thats what I wanted, and it is ok if after purchasing subscription again user will need to add this fields again.

This is the point. User do тещ need to add it again. It will just appear again. You can allso show message instead of field value. Fg: "You cannot see this number, becuase Author of this listing has not purchased a subscription"

Giorgi625 VIP
10 Feb 2016 10:23

Ok now I have purchased Emerald so I can test this options by myself. So no need to ask questions, and waste your time for this.

Sergey
15 Feb 2016 14:37

You do not waste my time. DO not hesitate to ask any question you like.