Giorgi625 VIP
Total posts: 655
17 Feb 2018 11:55

I am working on Car parts catalog project.

Which will have price field too (but without purchase option just price) using digits or text(with numeric formating) fields.

Only price filed may be changed for all or many records approximately in every 2 month.

So admin will have xls file with two collumns item name and updated price. Is it possible to automaticaly change prices for existing records? Can import feature edit value of price field for existing items using xls file?

or can "Change field value bulk" feature used for this? I see that there can be changed static value to another static value, but as you guess items will have different price and will need to change new different prices.

I know that it can be done using custom development but is there any easy way to change prices bulk from file?

Thanks

Last Modified: 04 Mar 2018

Giorgi625 VIP
Total posts: 655
18 Feb 2018 18:23

I have tested import feature and it is what I need, but I have questions:

1. So Formatter plugin works only if I add desired suffix to non-sef urls right?
  2. Before question I will explain what I did: I created type with two fields, id and text. Then added via submit form 3 records and exported them via csv formatter. Then while importing I created profile where id field was set as unique and selected title and text field under "Associate Fields", but it just created new records. then I deleted old records and did same but with already created import profile and it did right, only updated changed field values. I tried it few times with different options and I noticed that if I am creating new import profile while import procedure it just adds records from csv file as new ones and does not update old records. So to get needed result I need to do one false import(with no field data) to create import profile and after update existing records with changed field values will be done correctly. Right? or is there any other option to avoid duplicate records creation on import updated data?

Also I noticed that Import feature does not work on BS3 templates, I was not able to import on Helix while on protostar it works fine. This is one more problem with BS3 :/

And extra offtopic question to Sergey: I understand that I don't have valid subscription and I can not ask for fast answer, but if I will purchase Subscription will I get fast responses on my problems? or anyway I will need to wait as is now?

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
04 Mar 2018 13:50

I would not go with import feature. i would go with tool. Especialy after I've created new way to create tools. You can find in docs.

It will be easy code for you to update one filed of every record. I can help you with base code.