Giorgi625 VIP
Total posts: 655
28 Dec 2016 07:10

I use type as comment with multiple rating but after user submits comment (REVIEW) there is displayed only average rating, how can I display average and all criterias also? like it is on the screenshot: review

Last Modified: 01 Mar 2017

Comments have been disabled for this article and works only in read only mode.

jimie VIP
Total posts: 531
28 Dec 2016 08:17

Hi Giorgio,

Sorry for offtopic, is it possible to share how you managed to make the "was this review helpful to you?"

rgds

Giorgi625 VIP
28 Dec 2016 10:11

jimie Hi Giorgio,

Sorry for offtopic, is it possible to share how you managed to make the "was this review helpful to you?"

rgds

Screenshot is not mine, it is custom non Joomla site, but I plan to create field for this function and will share on depot when it will be done but I don't ahve much time for now and I think I will be able to work on it in early spring.

Giorgi625 VIP
28 Dec 2016 16:16

Also another question:

I don't want to allow users to add title for comments/reviews so is it possible to automaticaly set parent records title as a comment/review title ?

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
30 Dec 2016 15:23

Giorgi625 I don't want to allow users to add title for comments/reviews so is it possible to automaticaly set parent records title as a comment/review title ?

You can turn title off for review type in type parameters.

Giorgi625 use type as comment with multiple rating but after user submits comment (REVIEW) there is displayed only average rating, how can I display average and all criterias also?

It should display multiple rating per review.

Giorgi625 VIP
30 Dec 2016 16:15

Sergey

Giorgi625 I don't want to allow users to add title for comments/reviews so is it possible to automaticaly set parent records title as a comment/review title ?

You can turn title off for review type in type parameters.

Yes I know, but I need to diplay all reviews on a different page like this: Reviews on MyDramaList... and I don't know how to show to users who view this reviews, which review is for which record.

Sergey

Giorgi625 use type as comment with multiple rating but after user submits comment (REVIEW) there is displayed only average rating, how can I display average and all criterias also?

It should display multiple rating per review.

Wow now it displays all criterias, but I have not changed anything. I don't udnerstand why it was not displaying then and why it is displaying now but its good that it was solved.

Giorgi625 VIP
12 Jan 2017 19:38

I have one question. how it is possible to assign Movie title as a review title? I don't want to allow user to type title manualy, I need to catch Movie title for which user adds review and add it to review as a title.

Because when I will add module of reviews I will need to display movie to which it was added. for example look at this page Click here to link... there is module Show Reviews where are displayed reviews with title and image.

can I get same solution with default features? if not I have one ideas but it will take much time to make it work so if it is possible to do please let me know.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
22 Jan 2017 19:43

Giorgi625 I have one question. how it is possible to assign Movie title as a review title? I don't want to allow user to type title manualy, I need to catch Movie title for which user adds review and add it to review as a title.

Because when I will add module of reviews I will need to display movie to which it was added. for example look at this page Click here to link... there is module Show Reviews where are displayed reviews with title and image.

can I get same solution with default features? if not I have one ideas but it will take much time to make it work so if it is possible to do please let me know.

Interesting question. Following...

BTW, since the initial title and question has been solved...
wouldn't it be better to create a new topic and respective title?
I believe it would get more attention.

Giorgi625 VIP
25 Jan 2017 16:37

pepperstreet

Interesting question. Following...

BTW, since the initial title and question has been solved...

wouldn't it be better to create a new topic and respective title?

I believe it would get more attention.

You are right, I have another plan to create reviews system and will write it in a new topic and we can discuss it there.

Sergey
01 Feb 2017 15:13

Giorgi625 Yes I know, but I need to diplay all reviews on a different page like this: Reviews on MyDramaList... and I don't know how to show to users who view this reviews, which review is for which record.

the link to show all comments of one article is automaticaly generated. Set for example to show only 2 reviews and add 3. You wil see the link. By this link you will understand how it is constructed. All you need just to change ID of the parent article.

Giorgi625 VIP
01 Feb 2017 18:26

Sergey

Giorgi625 Yes I know, but I need to diplay all reviews on a different page like this: Reviews on MyDramaList... and I don't know how to show to users who view this reviews, which review is for which record.

the link to show all comments of one article is automaticaly generated. Set for example to show only 2 reviews and add 3. You wil see the link. By this link you will understand how it is constructed. All you need just to change ID of the parent article.

I mean not all reviews for one article, but all reviews for all movies, like separate department for reviews. like it is on dramalist. They have list of all reviews and each review has on top short information about movie to which this review was added.

pepperstreet VIP
10 Feb 2017 15:25

Giorgi625 I have one question. how it is possible to assign Movie title as a review title? I don't want to allow user to type title manualy, I need to catch Movie title for which user adds review and add it to review as a title.

Sorry, for re-opening the discussion again. You other topic seem to focus on "Relation fields".
I am still looking for an answer on "Cobalt Type as Comments. Since you example link and question is still here, I did not want to start another topic.

Cobalt Type as Comments
How to get title and other values from the Parent record?

1. on form (title is already displayed, how to get more data?)
  2. on display of Comments(Reviews)

For instance, the default form already displays the parent title. Obviously it does not store it. I guess, the important thing in DB is the ID. I did not manage to find out, how it is accomplished.

Sergey
21 Feb 2017 04:34

If you use comments than you can extract title of reviewed article

$record = JTable::getInstance('Record', 'CobaltTable');
$record->load($item->parent_id);
echo $record->title;

pepperstreet VIP
23 Feb 2017 01:14

Sergey If you use comments than you can extract title of reviewed article

Interesting. What about other data/field values from the parent?

Sergey
01 Mar 2017 07:09

pepperstreet What about other data/field values from the parent?

You can use Cobalt API echo CobaltApi::renderField($record, 12, 'list', 'Default') where 12 is an ID of the field.