Giorgi625 VIP
Total posts: 655
14 Dec 2016 19:21

I have multiple types with own section each. Each type has many similar fields with similar names. When I select to show field of type1 , after saving it automaticaly changes to field with same name but of type2 and it does not display field value. What can I do to solve this problem? I can't rename fields because some of fields labels are displayed in record.

Last Modified: 19 Dec 2016

Comments have been disabled for this article and works only in read only mode.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
16 Dec 2016 04:51

Giorgi625 When I select to show field of type1 , after saving it automaticaly changes to field with same name but of type2 and it does not display field value

You mean on the form of creating new article? You see on the form, element that is not of this type?

Giorgi625 VIP
Total posts: 655
16 Dec 2016 09:06

I mean on type page in admin panel when I selecet template and then choose fields to show. On that popup I select for example country from type 1 and then save, when I open again that template editing popup window, I see that selected is not country from type1, but country from type2 and because of this in frontend full record view I don't see any information for this field.

Can I use language constants as a field names in Cobalt and then set their actual names in Joomla overrides? will it work?

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
19 Dec 2016 06:05

Have you copied type? mmost probably you have bounded template parameters. Open type edition and add to it's URL &newkey=1 and click save. After that you can edit template parameters again. This will reset template configuration key and make them not bounded. Right now when you change parameters in one type, it applys to another type.