Giorgi625 VIP
Total posts: 655
20 Nov 2016 19:48

I ahve on one site 4 sections with separate types and each type has about 15-20 fields which have specific customization.

I am now working on same site but on different joomla installation. I am giving new life to old sitea and prefered to create from clean joomla, not update old one because there were some errors.

So is it possible to somehow export-import, not only records, but also fields with their parameters as it is on old site to new one? Or I need to setup fields again on new site and then simply export import records by default method?

I am lazy to do it again. it is much to work.

Last Modified: 16 Dec 2016

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
21 Nov 2016 00:33

Hello Giorgi625, I guess the "Packs" feature is made for that purpose. You have options to include/exclude data and templates.

Giorgi625 VIP
21 Nov 2016 07:12

Oh yes :D How I could forget about packs.

Thanks!

Giorgi625 VIP
10 Dec 2016 20:00

After using this function I get some errors, so I don't have time to work with errors, because old templates will not work for me, as I am using Joomlart Template and I will need to create custom templates.

So I just created manually all sections, types and fields, which I had on old site and now just need to export records from old site and import to new one.

But for me it is first time when I need export/import functions of Cobalt so I am little embarrassed. I enabled formatter plugins, fist I used csv sufix but it displayed page with only titles of records and some dates and numbers, no field data, then I used json suffix and got what I think is correct page:

Click here to link...

But nothing was downloaded automaticaly so I jsut selected all text on that page and pasted it into blank json file. This is what I thought would be most reasonable action.

Then I created new menu item for import on a new site and started import process. I choose json file but how I guess file is not uploaded, because I don't see any notificatio nthat file is uplaoded and when I go to next page I dont see fields like shown on this page http://docs.mintjoomla.com/en/cobalt/how-to-use-the-import-feature-of-cobalt and I can't chose field associations.

Please help me I need to finish work on site within a week.

Giorgi625 VIP
12 Dec 2016 11:28

Finally I was able to use packer and solve errors which appeared at first but now I have new problems.

I have 3-4 realtion fields in each type of content and I see only one relation field in submission page of each type record.

Does nayone know the reason and solution?

also have problem with date&time field it displays when chosing date place for two month but dates are displayed only on left half and right half is blank.

This is what I have found for this moment.

Also question, will I be able to import reviews from Jlexreview to Cobalt typwe as comment with multiple rating function?

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
16 Dec 2016 06:03

Giorgi625 I have 3-4 realtion fields in each type of content and I see only one relation field in submission page of each type record.

Try to edit type and fields. Just open and save them. Check parameters in relation fields that connect types. Like section, related type, related field, ...

Giorgi625 also have problem with date&time field it displays when chosing date place for two month but dates are displayed only on left half and right half is blank.

I've seen your screenshot. As I have mentioend there I'll need access to your site. This is most probably some CSS issue.