Giorgi625 VIP
Total posts: 655
06 Nov 2016 17:19

Hello I plan to create events(record) management solution and need to allow record author to add list of users who have bought tickets on that event(record)

So I thought about select field, how I guess in its parameters SQL Source tab means that I am able to dispaly in select records from database table. So I thought to display user list, but then I got some questions. I will need to select multiple users, so I changed my mind to multiple select field, but now I have another question. Can I get usernames via this field so that they will link to their profiles? so when Event(record) autor needs to add users who have paid for tickets on event, he(she) will edit record and in this field will chose all users who have paid and in record full view we will get list of users with link to their profiles.

To explain easily I need almost same function as it is on facebook events when users chose they are attending event or not, but in my situation it must be done by record author, it is acceptable if users will add theirselft to list but author must than publish usernames of the user who will pay.

Is it possible to do with Cobalts features? or will I need to create custom field for this?

Last Modified: 09 Nov 2016

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
08 Nov 2016 10:16

this is what SQL source is created for. read docs for that. You can nake usrname selectable but store user ID. Then use that ID to create link to profile.

Giorgi625 VIP
08 Nov 2016 18:47

Great, thsi is for near future project so as soon as I will have time for it will give a try.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
08 Nov 2016 23:19

Giorgi625 when users chose they are attending event or not, but in my situation it must be done by record author, it is acceptable if users will add theirselft to list but author must than publish usernames of the user who will pay.

Hello Georgi625, are those "users" registered or guests?
And how do you want to integrate and check for payment?

Some ideas for "attending an event":
You could also use the Cobalt Comments / Type as comments.

Giorgi625 VIP
09 Nov 2016 06:24

pepperstreet

Giorgi625 when users chose they are attending event or not, but in my situation it must be done by record author, it is acceptable if users will add theirselft to list but author must than publish usernames of the user who will pay.

Hello Georgi625, are those "users" registered or guests?

And how do you want to integrate and check for payment?

Some ideas for "attending an event":

You could also use the Cobalt Comments / Type as comments.

They are registered(integrated with Easysocial, it hase own events feature, but I prefer to use Cobalt for more flexibility and features). payment will be made out of site, becasue all hiking clubs are separate and they just add their events on my site and mostly usable is offline payment for first time and then will need .to craete some payment method for local bank.

Type as Comments is a good idea will think abut it, thanks.

One section will be Hiking clubs like Business Directory.

Another will be Hiking Clubs Members like profiles. Children of Hiking Club Section. For this, I would be prefer to display Easysocial badges, like it is in Joomla article, when easysocial content plugin is enabled. and in this case I will not need to create separate Section, jsut field.

Third will be Events, also children of Hiking Club Section.

Also Idea is to Automaticaly add reviews from Events to parent Hiking Clubs(something like JED Reviews), don't know yet how to do it(I think I have already opened about this feature topic before, will check thet topic to see answers).