Giorgi625 VIP
Total posts: 655
06 Nov 2016 13:40

Hello guys, I am working on Cobalt for about 1 year. And I am moving all of my projects to Cobalt, becasue I as I see it can do all that stuff which is done by other Joomla Extensions which I use and I don't need to have huge amount of extension, it is just enough to have only Cobalt on a place of 10 other extensions. But even Cobalt is one of the best extensions of Joomla it has some defects which we would like to do not have and I am sure all of you will agree with me that Cobalt 9 must be released as soon as possible but we udnerstand that is is not as easy to be done as it is to say. But I am sure that we can help Sergey to release Cobalt 9 if we will just take 1-2 minutes to leave feedback on JED as more popular Cobalt gets more users it will have, which meens more income for Sergey and it will motivate him to work on Cobalt more time.

As we are all web developers we must understand that this type of work can't be always source of stable income, and we need to work on many projects to get good income.

So on which project you will take more time? Of course which gives you more money. So lets help Sergey get more money from Cobalt and I am sure we will get soon Cobalt 9.

I understand Sergey's situation, because I have some non-profit projects which are delayd by me for more than year, because ther are other ones who give me money.

From my side I can promise you that will share my works on Cobalt, I mean some custom fields, templates, and packs, on which I plan to works in near future. For this moment I have one field in development which get's content from external sites specific area and displays on your page, I use it to Display movie ratings from Mydramalist on my site. soon it will be modifies so it will work on other sites and in wide situations and as soon as it will be stable I will share it wish you.

Last Modified: 24 Apr 2017

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
08 Nov 2016 09:16

Thank ou very much for your review.

Sometimes people do not understand that good review on JED helps more to support project than purchase itself. I very appriciate your review and your clear vision of its role in all of that.

danielbidala VIP
Total posts: 153
08 Nov 2016 11:24

Sergey, please modify the date of last update on JED! Now it's Jan 19 2015. I think it's important to see it is not a dead project!

danielbidala VIP
08 Nov 2016 13:56

OK I added my new review on JED. My previous one was 2 years old :)

Sergey
08 Nov 2016 14:29

danielbidala OK I added my new review on JED. My previous one was 2 years old :)

I did not know 2 reviews are possible for the same extension.

danielbidala VIP
08 Nov 2016 14:37

No it's not possible, only one! I had to delete my previous review. It was born after my first impression with cobalt...and thereby it was outdated.

andiamine VIP
Total posts: 295
08 Nov 2016 23:31

updated my review :)

andiamine VIP
08 Nov 2016 23:42

Sergey here my suggestions to increase your Cobalt CCK sales and downloads (i already did it for some of my extensions and it works)

• Add all cobalt addons to JED
  • Add screenshots in your listing
  • Intro not good "8 years - 7th generation of free CCK." , you should add a brief description of what cobalt do.
  • Add more features in list (categories them) like that:
    • Categorization features
    • Moderation features
    • Submission features
    • Commenting features
    • Audit features
    • Templating features
    • Rating features
    • Extending features
    • Multi-types features
    • Notification features
    • More features
  • Always add last changelog after features check my extension here: https://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extension/contacts-and-feedback/testimonials-a-suggestions/joomtestimonials (this really encourage users)
  • use auto-updater (i'm also working on that on my extensions)

Hopes this helps, i love Cobalt , keep the good work , i'm still supporting you by adding Cobalt Addons (and more coming).

Thanks

Giorgi625 VIP
10 Nov 2016 08:45

I think also you need to add litle block in admin where will be link to Cobalt on JED with title If you like Cobalt please leave review on JED or something like this, users who are not active maybe will not see this topic but everyone will see when you will add it to Cobalt admin. For example after filter block in left collumn in Cobalt admin.

andiamine VIP
10 Nov 2016 12:21

yes i agree

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
10 Nov 2016 15:09

Giorgi625 I think also you need to add litle block in admin where will be link to Cobalt on JED with title If you like Cobalt please leave review on JED or something like this,...

+1

danielbidala VIP
11 Nov 2016 09:16

I realized my review has gone on the JED :( Now I don't see it in the my reviews menu and on cobalt page. If I try to add the review again the link redirects me to JED's home page with error message: Not Found!

I have registrated with another account and it is the same. I can't write review for Cobalt. On other extensions it works perfect. Anyone realized the same issue?

andiamine VIP
11 Nov 2016 12:59

You should report this problem to JED

hakana VIP
Total posts: 425
12 Nov 2016 13:21

It is so nice to see that Sergey has many supporters who want to help him promote his components in a more efficient way. If he can spare some time, I would like to tell him my ideas too :-) Maybe this topic can be moved under general category so more people can contribute. Sergey can even post a notification on top of the forum to encourage other supporters to gather the other promotional ideas.

Kind regards.
Hakan

Giorgi625 VIP
23 Apr 2017 20:03

I will bump this theme with new request

If we don't check manually download sections of Cobalt(in my case) we can't find out that it was released new version. For example Mint media and Cobalt pack both were updated 9 days ago but I only found it 2 days ago. Other developers try to add everywere notifications about update annd force you to make update when it is released. It will be good if you will do same and add somewhere notification about update in Cobalt admin or even here on forum just notify that you have released update. I understand that providing changelog takes much time, but just notification for new releases will be good too.

Sergey
24 Apr 2017 11:42

If you subscribe those download articles you will get notifications when I edit it.

Giorgi625 VIP
24 Apr 2017 13:06

thats right, thanks